HybridZ

Fiberglass Z parts again

Would anybody be interested in having some fiberglass Z parts for their cars? These would be what i would call a "raw" finish until i get a house out here or someplace to sand and paint.

By raw i mean it would have the fiberglass matt texture still, you would have to body fill and sand it. Would save some money on the cost of the part though for buyers.

For parts i was thinking, fenders, hoods, cowls, some vents to start with.

Let me know how many are interested on this forum. Trying to get an idea if there is a market or not.

-Ed

(poor college kid needing money)

What are your thoughts on some fiberglass headlite buckets without the sugar scoop?

Not just covers but the full headlite bucket assembly.

And how much glass experience do you have? What parts have you made? Any pics of parts made?

It's for a 350Z. Marketed as the Fuzion hood, not sure who manufactures it, don't really care since they dont make one for a first gen Z. With a little re-shaping, I think this design would look awsome on an early Z, maybe try to incorperate the hood bulge into the design somehow.

Mike

you guys kinda missed the main concern i had here... typical fiberglass products you recieve are nice and smooth to the touch. The products i would be making woudln't; they would be texturized still untill i get a place to sand and paint. This would result in a cheaper priced product since less time would go into it. And i've been glassing since i was 5 everything from cars to boats and then some. As for pricing i'm not sure as i haven't figured out my actual cost yet... I want to do this for something on the side in college for some money and to help you guys out cause i know all the companies that do fiberglass pretty much don't exist anymore.

I'll do some sample pieces this summer and post some pics on here and we will go from there, but only 5 people responded to this thread out of 134 people who looked at it... which means roughly 4% of the z people are interested in Fiberglass parts. So i'll just go by ear and see what happens this summer... If your in the Spring or Wooldands area and need soemthing painted drop me a line.

-Ed

Guest 320Zeven

how about a fiberglass dash and center console some simple pieces maybe easy to modify and add stuff two like necessary switches and stickshift boots.. like a flat mold of the originals but without the major details like a hole for the shifter.

Thrill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
What the heck is that? :shock: To make sonething like that would take alot. Pretty neat though

What are you referring to in this quote? I don't see a pic anywhere.

Also do you (the fiberglass college kid) have any experience with urethane by chance. Or even know how that stuff (urethane bodykits and whatnot) are made. I'd like to someday have a custom bodykit made from urethane (all I know is it's light, rubber like (less crack prone),and stronger than fiberglass), based on the future design I've created.

What the heck is that? :shock: To make sonething like that would take alot. Pretty neat though

What are you referring to in this quote? I don't see a pic anywhere.

Funny I was wondering that myself. I read my post and can't figure out what the frick I was talking about. All I can think is I was trying to reply to a different post? :?:roll: ...sorry :oops: