HybridZ

got a new name from my new blue Z... BAD LUCK!!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

God i should have just kept my ford ranger.

ok 1st off.... bastaad525 im catching up to you!

now heres my new friend, a 1977 Datsun 280Z thats called BAD LUCK!

today on the way to school im going about 35 mph and about to shift into 3rd when all of a sudden i hear a POP and the car just dies on its face.. so i give it some gas and its just acting dead, ok.. so im about to pull over when all of a sudden the car shoots off and feels like it should at full throttle.. hmm ok. its fine all the way the rest of the trip and even fine on lunch break. ok so now im in lab at school and im about to change my front brake pads when i relize i have NO passenger front brake pads on there in the 1st place and my rotor is in bab shape, but cutable.

so i put the new pads on and cut my front rotors and i take it out for a test drive, all seemed fine and braked nice. i go to park it (its on a hill) and i pull up my e-brake and get out of the car but the car starts to roll.. the car didnt hit anything... im not Tim :D but now my e-brake wont work and what sucks is my driveway is a steep hill!!! and i dont trust just leaving it in gear.

now on the way home from school my car gets stuck in 5th gear again but thats reallly no big big deal.. so i go home and drop off my friend and go to get some stuff from my old apartment. now on the way home i take this turn to get near my house i live at and when i took the turn i got on it abit and spun the passenger rear for a sec and got off and then 4 secs later i hear a BANGGGGGGGGGGGG!. i just about sh!t myself because i so thought i blew my motor which would be a bad thing right now. and it was really loud. then some some started to come into the cabin and the car got REALLY LOUD. and i heard this loud scrapping sound..

so i pull over and BURNT MY DAMN LEG ON THE EXHAUST!!! the damn exhaust got ripped off the car from the header and was just dangiling right there.

i guess when it broke off and hit the ground when i was moving it hit the floor board because now on my nice NEW driver side floor it has a nice dent in it.

so i get home and take the muffler and broken mid pipe off and now the car sounds like a damn drag car and shoots fumes into the car..

it sucks so bad.

oh and to make it worse its been raining here hard for 2 days now and my rear hatch leaks bad and the funny thing is i cant open the hatch cuz the lock is messed up!

it never ends.

mike

Ha ha ha....that's car #3 that's had e-brake problems!!!

Mike.....the car isn't bad luck....must be you....have you already forgotten all the problems with the green one.....it had you and pops at each other's throats!!!

Guest ON3GO

yeah but that was because i was in a hurry and had HAD to get it done... which sucked cuz i didnt.

i guess it is me.

oh ya and the alternator went the 2nd day i got it and also the drivers seat doesnt want to stay locked in place so i slid around every.. and im short and its hard for me to reach the pedals sometimes lol.

and yeah e-brakes suck on Z's!

mike

eBrake stopped working on my Z28 and I just left it in first for months, supposedly you had to drop the trans to fix the issue and seriously, I just decided to sell it as is :lol:

These days I dont put the e-brake on so darn tight, just incase, at least it seems a lot easier to fix on this car.

Wouldn't the engine be more likely to prevent a car from rolling if it was in 4th or 5th gear? Seems to me the leverage would be more in favor of the engines compression that way. Sounds like we need to do a group buy on some wheel chocks, maybe some nice billet aluminum ones with the HybridZ logo CNC milled into the side :D

Mike

Guest bastaad525

I've become a benchmark to strive for for ownership of problematic Z's... nice :D

Tim - fourth car, my ebrake is worthless as well.

Can someone please clarify once and for all which gear is better for rolling? I used to think it was fifth, but I got to test this the other day, had the car on a hill trying to bleed air from the coolant system... wouldnt' stay put in fifth, but first held it fine.

Man I'm in trouble if I need to park on a real hill any time soon... gonna use my jack as a wheel chock I think. Man I hope nobody sees me :oops:

ON3GO - at least you get to work on the thing at school!!! So I still got you beat by a lonnnnng shot. All my problems would diminish by half if I at least had a good place to work on the thing myself when I needed to.

5th one, I was learning to drive in my z and I needed to do a hill start (I got good at them quick) and when I pulled on the handle, it went verticle and the car started to roll back. I got home and found a pin had snapped out and 1 of the brakes wasnt coming on.

Z's can be a dirty bunch at times (Damn Age)

don't hate me... but i finally got mine running today... :malebitchslap:

but yeah, my e-brake's shot too. couldn't hold back a grasshopper. it's good to know somebody at your local inspection shop! :rockon: but damn, mike. call a friggin' exorcist!