HybridZ

LS1 Vette Motor Update... Prices inside!

So I finally got all the parts ordered and to the builder, including the NEW block.

Here is the breakdown on the costs Incuding Shipping:

Block - $512

Heads - $225

Crank - $340

Forged Hbeam Rods - $380

Forged SRP Pistons/Rings - $740

Thunder Racing Cam Kit - $730 (224/224 556)

Z06 Upper induction - $550 (Intake, Tbody, Injectors, Rails, All hardware)

LG Motorsport Longtubes - $700 (SS Full kit)

New Rockers - $150

New lifters - $140

New Blueprinted Oil Pump - $140

New Balancer - $45

New Mallory TC Set - $95

New Magna Flow Cats - $325

New Headgaskets - $130

New ARP intake Bolts - $110

Total to date: $5312.00

I still need to replace the Borla XR1 exhaust system with something more civil once we install the motor and headers, and I'll ned an Xpipe for the system as well. I also plan to replace the waterpump, alternator and starter.

Oh, and I'll have a chunk of change spent in LS1 Edit Tunning and dyno testing when it is done!

Mike :D

So I finally got all the parts ordered and to the builder' date=' including the NEW block.

Here is the breakdown on the costs Incuding Shipping: ......Total to date: $5312.00

Mike :D[/quote']

Holy cow! That's a lot of dough. I'm not questioning your decision - it sounds like a killer motor. I've gotta wonder why you didn't go with something like a ZZ430 for the same or less money, though. Did you just want to build up your own combo? I'm just curious. Oh, come to think of it, the 430's carb'ed, isn't it? A hankering for fuel injection, I can understand.

I can't wait until you get it built up and installed! You're gonna have a ball.

The kit comes with the CAM, Springs and pushrods, as well as required gaskets. Here is the link: http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog/?action=vshop&vid=7&pcid=51

It is the 224/224 556 lift kit.

Scott, this motor is going in my 99 C5 Vette, not the Z. My Z's 383 stroker will make more HP cheaper with forged bottom end... This list includes some pricey bits, like the LGM SS headers, and the Forged Pistons. I could have gone cheaper on both, but chose to go all the way, since I'm not sure what the future will hold for the car, and I wanted it to be bomb proof.

Mike

Guest zfan

Mike,

That LS1 is going to be bad to the bone. Guy's just go to the local drag strip and see what the mild built or wild built LS1's are doing.

It's frigging mind boggling :shock:

Mike

Anything for sale with the word LS1 or LS6 on it seems to make it higher in price. I used Thunders 230 cam package, oil pump, poly mounts, and many other items and have found that their quality and service are second to none. Angie and Jason at Thunder just plain rock! LS1's are great engines, but you pay for what you get. 20 years ago a common place aluminum block 350 chevy pumping out more that 1 hp per cube from the factory would have taken the world by storm!

It's light, powerfull, reliable, and very upgradable. What more could a guy want in a 2300 lb Z! :D

Dude, I'm having trouble hooking up with it in stock trim. I actually thought about bagging the whole engine thing early on, but I was too deep into the process. I want to drive this thing on the track, not fight TOO MUCH power. :D A supercharger would be WAY overkill... And in a Zcar? Heck, the reduced weight of the LS1 will cause traction problems to only be a BIGGER issue! :lol:

Although after hearing some of the weights folks are claiming these days, I'm thinking 2300# is unrealistic... Pete P.s 73 is a good example... 2800# sure doesn't make for a light weight car. 8)

Mike