HybridZ

Joel S., I am having a party at my house!

240Z Turbo

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Joel

Nice parts' date=' did you already bought your torque plate, cause I have one here that I'm not using for now. Let me know

Rick[/quote']

Sorry Rick, I missed your post.... I already had a torque plate made, so thanks anyways for the offer.

Did you know that the RB and the z car motor (L6) uses the same plate? I found that intresting when I placed it on top of a spare z block I had sitting on a stand. The bolt holes, and the bores line up exactly....

My RB26 motor swap is slowly creeping along. I think most people don't realize how much is involved in taking on a project like this.

Especialy when you want to go into the motor to bullet proof it along the way.... its always something..... detour after detour, setback after setback... :roll:

It really helps me realize what you must have gone thru while building the RB240 Michael now gets to enjoy... :D

Hi Joel

I started that project about 5-1/2 years ago, can you imagine then with no one at all in north america to help with that project. Luckily I had my Japanese mechanic to help me along with his knowledge about the skyline stuff.

Someone in Japan used a rb26 motor with a custom 4340 l-motor crank to increase the displacement, I think it went up to 3.2 litres.

Let me know if you need any help.

Rick

Guest porschephile

My RB26 motor swap is slowly creeping along. I think most people don't realize how much is involved in taking on a project like this.

Especialy when you want to go into the motor to bullet proof it along the way.... its always something..... detour after detour' date=' setback after setback... :roll:

[/quote']

Amen to that! Damn, you are so much farther ahead from me Joel! I found rust in 3 cylinders after removing my head awhile back. Now I have to find a shortblock or buy another rb26. I really want to go through and bulletproof everything as well. My other alternative is rebuilding my current rb26, using Nismo/N1 oil/water pumps, and other aftermarket internals which will add another $4k to my "toned down" project plans. I really haven't made much progress except buying parts, already have ~$10k invested, and need another $10k to finish it! :wink:

Advice to those considering an rb26 swap, YOU NEED LOTS OF MONEY!!! I really need literally twice my current income to comfortably afford all this.

• 4 weeks later...

Advice to those considering an rb26 swap' date=' YOU NEED LOTS OF MONEY!!! I really need literally twice my current income to comfortably afford all this.[/quote']

Man I sure can agree with you there.... :cry: I have over $15g spent already, and its still in 100 peices.... :D

At least only $3,500 of it was the cost for both RB26 motors I have.

I got a very sweet deal on the second motor, after I was boinked with no vaseline :oops: on the first motor (it was wore out).

With all the help I've received from James Thagard, (parts, fabrication & great prices) things are starting to finally come together, so I should have it in the car by summers end.... (I hope :roll: )