HybridZ

yard sales??

my wifes IDEA of fun is stopping at yard sales, and yeah I get dragged along sometimes

while 90% plus of the items offered are JUNK , and many times its a wasted afternoon,there are rare jewels to be found!

I purchased 3 separate timing lights for a total of $5

I purchased a 100 ft extension cord with drop light for $4

like new chrome sbc valve covers,$10 (2 sets)

weiand single plane intake for a SBC,$40 like new condition

6 ton jack stand (one $1)

complete set of welding torchs,(broken gauge but otherwise new looking ($16)

climbing deer stand $45

engine crane, (new in box used once ($100)

assorted wrenchs ($5)

350 chevy engine,under a tarp next to garage(take it its yours!(free) turned out to be a 383 with a cracked head, block,etc was ok!

so while its not really FUN,it can be usefull to look over the sales the wife drags me too on occasion!

anyone else find any reasonable stuff!

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I we pulled in to "this is the last one I swear" sale and low and behold there is a Z in the drive...with a 377!!!. He had

a set of square port shorty headers for 40 bucks

a JTR set up that he made for 35 and

he gave me his old hood latch relocater, he switched to hood pins. :)

What are the odds.

Guest Aaron
O.k., school me. What is a climbing deer stand?

It is an aparatus for climbing a tree and supporting you while deer hunting.

Something similar to this. http://www.angelfire.com/sc/huntingstands/climb4.html

No I'm not a hunter (no patience), but I have a lot of friends and family that is.

Back to our topic. You can also find some interesting things at you local "Trade Day" (or "Flea Market" around here). You never know what you are going to find or get. Some stuff is counterfeit, some is stolen, so buyer beware, but it is often fun to go look. At my local ones, I can usually find Craftsman, MAC, and Snap-On hand tools pretty cheap. It doesn't matter the condition, if you break it, you can have it replaced.

climbing tree stand

deantree.jpg

a device that allows 250lbs guys to sit in trees like a squirrel while waiting for really stupid deer to walk by, allowing large old bored guys to process them into venison thru the use of a bow or handgun and hours of hard work! usually the process involves paying for licences and feeding clouds of mosquetos or freezing and getting rained on, its called "HUNTING" by some or "SUPPORTING ALL THE LOCAL SPORTING GOODS STORES AND MAIL ORDER HUNTING CATALOGS" bye my WIFE

• 1 month later...