HybridZ

Billet Aluminum R-200 Mustache Bar

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, how are the differential mounting holes in the R230 bar located, compared to your R200 bar? Higher, lower or at the same level? I know the R230 is larger in size and haven't gotten far enough along in my swap to see if they need to be raised slightly, lowered or can remain at the same level. If you've taken this into account, I may be your next customer for one of these.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Dave' date=' how are the differential mounting holes in the R230 bar located, compared to your R200 bar? Higher, lower or at the same level? I know the R230 is larger in size and haven't gotten far enough along in my swap to see if they need to be raised slightly, lowered or can remain at the same level. If you've taken this into account, I may be your next customer for one of these.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ[/quote']

The diff does need to be raised slightly so that the bolts for the CV joints clear the lower control arm...not by much...~1/2 inch or so.

Tim

The holes are at the same level but spaced farther apart.

Dave

Hmmm...Dave, that may be a problem. Have you done any test fitting in a Z-car? It may work, but I know that I had to space mine up a little to clear the lower control arm. If you want to pay round trip shipping, I'd be happy to test fit for you.

Tim

So, no version for the R180? I know that you'd sell them to the guys who want it for the practical application and those who just want the "oooh-aaah" factor. :-D

I'd think a 510 version would sell to all the guys putting SR20DETs in them!

Looks beautiful I cant wait to order one. Good to hear your .02 on the board hope to hear more of your expertise. I have been to your site many times and have been out of posting like yourself for awhile. Hopefully that will have changed for the both of us. Glad to hear about the minimum order being deminished. Now to do the picking :)