HybridZ

G-NOSE

Looks good, sign me up. I'm sorta tired of spending more to ship parts than the parts cost, so heck I'd saw the thing in half to get it within UPS specs if that's what it took. I can fglass it back together, sniff a little bondo dust, and presto!

Guest Frank Rich

Well, its been a long time comng, but it seems that it was worth the wait - especially if the shipping situation is going to work out. Nice work, Dave - too bad you wouldn't sell me all those molds a couple of years ago when you were "...getting out of the fiberglass business..." - now I'll just have to buy a nose from you anyway :P

"Lead me not into Temptation, I'm getting there just fine on my own!"

Frank

Metallicar,

Whats the details to ship Grey hound?

I'm guessing you take it to the bus station and than have to pick it up at a local bus station?

I shipped a cowl induction hood UPS. Cost $140.00

Had to rap it tight with cardboard to meet the size requirements. It came with no damage. It was used and if had been damaged I would not had mattered to me...

So for what its worth, if this route saves you $100 in trucking fees it worth it to me to have to fix a corner maybe....

But this Greyhound idea sounds pretty good!

Greyhound Bus Lines have been shipping packages for a long time. Yes there are some relatively minor inconveniences. You do need to take your package to the nearest Greyhound terminal to ship. When you are receiving, you can either pick up at the terminal nearest you or have a courier pick up your package. Greyhound does offer an intermediate courier, if needed. Going to the terminal, for me is about the same as going to the local UPS depot. More times than not, I end up having to pick my stuff up anyway at a local depot, so going to Greyhound is about the same as going to UPS.

Check out the web site for ship quotes:

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

since there isn't any bumper on the G-nose what kind of reinforcing does one do so a small accident doesn't ruin everything? Or just don't go tapping anything. I can just see not realizing how long the front is and tapping a wall or something.