HybridZ

Take a DEEEEEPPPPP Breath!!!

Got your attention didn't I?

Lets talk air breathers/ filters....

Everyone knows that K&N filter elements are the rage, 'cause they work. However, leaving them exposed under the hood with all that engine heat is not wise. Interestingly enough, This months issue of HotRod shows how to make a filtration system very similar to my ram air box filtering system (http://www.ramairbox.com). Mine cost me about $160 plus the K&N element, but the article in the magazine shows how to make this item for very little money out of pocket.

I run my 4 inch ducting through the factory holes in the core support where the fresh air ducts plumb into the front of the car. This is the best spot to get air into the carb or TB!

Check it out!

mike

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Tube it! A former? member of the import racing scene, we would use metal tubing from the TB to the filter element mounted in the grill or surrounded by a heat shield or box like the ramairbox thingy. Some cheap people used the tubing from clothes dryers.

Be careful when routing that filter to the

lower portion on the grills, you DON"T want to be sucking up any water! My friend did this in his civic and it was cool, because it wasnt my car, there was a hole in the block about the size of a golf ball!

Owen

------------------

http://www.homestead.com/s30z/index.html