HybridZ

zcar.com is coming around

SportZ2

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are always ragnosticating about "ruining" cars with swaps of various kinds (I've even heard it myself), but they forget that some of the greatest cars ever built were hybrids, initially thrown together by some guy in a garage - the Allard J2X (British car, Cadillac engine), the Detomaso Pantera (Italian car, Ford engine), and of course the most lusted-after car in the United States, the Shelby Cobra (English car, Ford engine). All of them were considered "bastardizations" by someone at the time (especially the Pantera; I remember reading years ago about an Italian car magazine that referred to it as a "bellowing mule". Perhaps that's a compliment in Italy?). There are plenty of others.

Guest bastaad525

<--- ex-zcar.com poster, now full time hybrid Z convert

They DO give a lot of bad info over there, but there are a few guys who know their stuff (not coincidentally, most of those guys are also regulars at hybrid Z :D )

You know... on a more technical front... and these are actually big reasons why I dont go there anymore, I just can't stand the fact that a) their forum is only broken into like four sections, with too many people talking about too many different things on one screen, and B) posts dont 'bump' whenever someone replies to them... hence your threads are almost always guaranteed to live for no more than a day or two before 50,000 other new threads flood it off the screen... that REALLY pisses me off!! If a certain topic is 'popular' by all means it should stay at the top of the heap.

Well... anyways... I wouldn't say all the tech info there is bad... they did get me thru swapping my N/A into my 240 and many subsequent problems I had with that. Norms posts there are always informative and were great when I was running SU's.

Read enough of ElaineZ posts and you will see the pattern.

I still think there is a lot more positive than negative going on and that's a good thing.

Remember, change a quarter panel and don't put the spot weld in the exact same place and the car is a hybrid.

Don't have the original key, it's a hybrid.

This is fun.

I knew Bifurcation from some structural mechanics stuff I studied doing my M.S. thesis. Different meaning though. She's just trying to sound smart to hold up her silly emotional views.

I posted my last response on that thread. Again, the experience at Zcar.com shows me that emotion vs fact is what rules there. And the people that post from emotion have no qaulms about it.

She's an idiot. She'll say all kinds of stupid stuff, irrational, emotional carp. If you corner her, she tries to act like you didn't. Thankfully we don't have idiots like that on HybridZ. If she joins and stirs the pot, I'll show her the door.

"Datsun Saves" May azzz! How about "Awesome" That was the advertising campaign for the Z!

Art, where is that article about Mr. K and his V8 Z! I'd LOVE to rub people like her's nose in THAT!

The problem with Zcar.com - is that it caters to everyone with a Z or that wants one. No matter how unreasonable or illogical they are. HybridZ tends to not attract the lowest common denominator like Zcar.com does.

I have to talk to some people when I'm out at the Convention. If it turns into the story I think it can we will assign a writer and we will get the interview. I'm crossing my fingers. With that being the case, the timeline for an article like that would not be published any earlier than the Winter 2004 issue. No matter what, it will make a great story.

I have to talk to some people when I'm out at the Convention. If it turns into the story I think it can we will assign a writer and we will get the interview. I'm crossing my fingers. With that being the case, the timeline for an article like that would not be published any earlier than the Winter 2004 issue. No matter what, it will make a great story.

Guest bastaad525

DOH and I didn't even find time to go read it yet!! I've had it bookmarked since you guys brought it up here but been too busy working on the damn car again :-P bleh well damn was SO looking forward to reading it...

Let me ask HybridZ'rs this question:

Would you like it if we at HybridZ deleted a thread because it was controversial, but on topic and had FACTS presented in it? FACTS that might be referred to later?

There really wasn't any flaming going on in that thread on Zcar.com. It got a bit heated, but not bad.

I personally think it's a ridiculous policy to just delete threads because they are long or a bit controversial (but on topic).

2thumbsdown.png

Boo to Zcar.com admins on this one - Two (both of mine) thumbs down.