HybridZ

I need some help with my LS1 swap

I have been trying to gain all sorts of various info about the LS1 swap, but it has been hard to figure it all out. Could anyone answer these questions:

1. Where do I place the engine in the bay. I want to build some motor mounts and I am not sure where the best place I should put the engine.

2. What is the cheapest best fuel pump to use and where do I mount it?

3. What should I do for the wiring harness? SUggestions?

4. What radiators work best for this swap?

5. What guauges are being used?

6. How do you fix the driveline and make sure it matches up correctly?

7. I am missing a lot of questions.. any other helpful hints would be great!

Please email me if you wish: espeery@email.byu.edu

Thanks,

Eric.

I'm using John's cars components too. If you want an easy way to get the drivedrain located properly in the car this is the way to go. I have my motor in the car and am well on my way with this swap.

Do a search for "Project Silver Bullet" or visit the website below to see pics.

LS1 is the way to go.

Good Luck!

I have done numerous searches, but it is difficult to get a good understanding when my specific questions aren't being answered. I find it difficult especially when some topics aren't thoroughly covered. I would appreciate some personal correspondance from those more experienced that can walk me through my issues.

Most of what you will need to know (if not all) can probably be found in previous posts related to that area of your project. JTR makes a decent swap manual for the V8Z swap (not LS1 specific although very informative) Read, search this and various related sites, read some more, then search again and read some more. A smart man once told me, "The amount of time spent in uncertainty, is inversely related to the amount of time dedicated to research." Thanks Pops! You've hit a Gold mine here at Hybrid-Z. Start digging, it will pay off!

I have done numerous searches, but it is difficult to get a good understanding when my specific questions aren't being answered. I find it difficult especially when some topics aren't thoroughly covered. I would appreciate some personal correspondance from those more experienced that can walk me through my issues.

Ok. I understand your frustration. The search feature turns up too many responses and it is too time consuming to go through it all. I will try to help you out as I went through the same stuff several month before you. I started on the LS1 quest in January of this year. I now have an LS1 motor sitting in the engine bay of my 240Z. I have used JCI components to do this. Estimated time of completion is September. There are shortcuts to using the search feature that will make your life easier.

I just tried this one and it seems to work well. Go to the Chevy V8 forum section and click on the previous page link at the bottom. Go back through the pages one at a time and scan through the topic titles. If you go back no more than 10-15 pages you will see alot of LS1 topics. They will provide you with most of the info you are looking for. Here are 2 good ones to check out.

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32085

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30611

Another good search feature is to look up all posts by a certain member. Members like Phantom, MAS280, etc. will turn up a ton of good LS1 infor.

I will also try to help you off list if you want. Email me your specific questions and I will do my best to help: qwik510@aol.com

See pics of my project at the links here:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/qwik240z

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3083&ppuser=4628

Good Luck!