HybridZ

1st post...need help on 77z with turbo

Guest perrysmick

Guest perrysmick

I know very little about turbo's or z engine specifics. I know someone who has the follow for sale;

77z with rebuilt L28 with N42 bottom end and P79 head, 7.5 to 1 compression. Rebuilt Z3 turbo, manual boost controller, 2-1/2" exhaust high flow cat/muffler with zx 5spd. Also comes with a Saab Blackstone front mount intercooler, msa 6 into 1 header, weber 60mm big bore throttle body.

Should I have any concerns about this system or components? What maintenance headaches does a turbo bring? Hard to tune? Is the engine compatible with the turbo? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Guest perrysmick

My bad, it is a t3 turbo and yes it is part of the system. Again, I don't know what the head, block or any of these numbers stand for. I am just looking for some quick input as to whether or not they are compatible or worthwhile.

the N42 block is the standard N/A block with dished pistons, not as strong as the F54 but should be fine unless your looking for 400hp, the P79 head is a sleaved emissions head found on ZX N/A motors, has the same volume as the P90 without the benefit of hydraulic lifter of the larger non sleaved runners

as for the header thing, if the car has a turbo then most likely it does not have a header, if it has a 6 into 1 header the only way to add a turbo would be at the bottom of the car at the end of the collector next to the trans, so most likely your looking at an N/A car with a header or a turbo car without a header