HybridZ

Joenissan...Maybe I caught them on a bad day????? Bad News!

rytherwr

Folks, I hate to be a pain, but the answer I got from Joenissan concerning a damaged axle I bought on E-bay really irked me! Not sure if anyone has dealt with these people before, but I hope they had better luck than I did. For your info: Please read from the bottom up to make sense of it.

WOW! Now THAT is customer service!!

Regarding the e-mail address, I have never sent an e-mail from the ISOA address as it has been out of service for over 3 years. All my correspondence has been from this address and I have given this address in all my e-mails.

When I say they are missing, I mean they are missing, as in not in the box the axle came in. The end of the box was partially broken out, so it is possible that the axle was dropped, hit on such an angle as to knock the cap off, twist the cage in such a manner that 5 balls fell out and all came out of the package. Anything is possible, I guess.

You must be one heck of a magician if you can take the inner apart with one hand in 2 seconds. Ya gotta show me how you get those bands of off the boots with one hand. That's awesome!! Heck, I'm an automotive engineer and have been a mechanic for over 40 years and it takes me about 7 minutes with both hands and tools to get the thing apart! Go figger!

Anyway, I appreciate your come-back. Bottom line is I don't want your refund, I don't want your axle, and most of all, as a customer (only once, rest assured) I surely don't want your lousy attitude and lack of customer service when I try to be civil.

Regards from a former customer,

Wayne

----- Original Message -----

To: wdryther@bellsouth.net

Sent: Monday, June 14, 2004 3:09 PM

Subject: Fw: Message from eBay Member

To: wdryther@isoa.net

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:53 PM

Subject: Re: Message from eBay Member

Before I respond to several feedbacks likewise.

Dig through the package find the balls, regrease it like should be done every 60k miles, and put the cap back on it.

All it takes is dropped on it's end once and the cap comes off and the bearings stand a good chance of coming out. If I can take the whole inner end apart (completely) with ONE hand in less than TWO seconds. UPS can do the same. Wasn't like that when I gave it to the shipping dept. Odds are those parts are still in the box.

Or, send it back for refund, but, better make sure it's the one I sent and that it's back here within thirty days of end of auction.

REDLINE

1070 CR 2243

HARTMAN, AR 72840

To: joenissan@centurytel.net

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 3:19 PM

Subject: Message from eBay Member

Message From eBay Member

Dear joenissan,

Before I leave negative feedback, I would like to give you a chance to discuss my problem. Received the axle yesterday, however, it was of no use to me because 5 of the six ball bearings of the inner cv joint were missing as was the end cap. Any chance of making it good? My e-mail address is wdryther@bellsouth.net. The one on E-bay doesn't work and I can't seem to get it off. Please advise

Thank you,

rytherwr

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Sorry to hear that, I hate it when Ebayer's are jerks. I have to say I am glad I did not try and outbid you on that single as I did on the skyline one's. I did not know you were a fellow Hybrid or I would not have run the bid up trying to get them..

Hope he takes care of you on this.

Jeff

Same here, Jeff, and many thanks for the kind words. Next time I see your handle on a bid, I will touch bases with you and we'll not bump heads

If you really need something, I will be glad to give it up and wait for another. :)

Wayne

Heck, I WAY past that. But I surely won't let someone get away with that kind of stuff without at least warning other folks about their business practices. Maybe it was an isolated incident, however, if they aren't held accountable, then what good are we as customers? I'm in business myself and would certainly expect to be held accountable for customer service. Too easy. Thanks for the note.

Wayne

I am not trying to be negative, but he did offer a refund. These days you cannot expect someone to be nice. I would take the money and be done with it or have it repaired locally. The balls in the CV axle cost almost nothing and it can be repaired for very cheap. Probably cheaper than the cost to have it shipped back.

Not the point, guys. As I said, I'm 'way past the issue. The point is that if you are in business and someone gives you a chance to discuss issues in a customer service venue when you send them a bad product, you don't treat them like dogs, you discuss the issue and come to an equitable agreeement. Even though he offered a refund, I could care less after the first part of his e-mail and the rest of the sentence where he made it very clear that my entire claim was suspect and that I better make sure it was HIS axle that I was sending back to him. D-u-u-u-u-u-h......who's would I send??

Looks like we have some people here who will just lay down and cringe if it looks like it might be difficult to deal with a situation such as this. Need to read the motto at the bottom of my posts.

Again, it was just a note to say watch out and I can't say watch out without giving the background. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do from then on. :twisted:

Wayne

both parties have points here, however i agree with wayne. The world is full of big bad people but that's not an excuse to be a dick, whatever happend to the customer is always right? or inocent until proven guilty? I look around at our country sometimes.. and it makes me wonder what my future kids are going to have to put up with.

-Ed