HybridZ

T-56 speedo hookup

deMideon

Hmmm...what speedo do you have? I am using an Autometer. I think the top pin is the reference signal. I had a problem calibrating my speedo (turns out there was a break in the wire from the T56 to the PCM. Anyways, Autometer was very helpful....try giving them a call.....

Oh!!! Sorry about that! I thought you meant on the gauge... ok... next question is which connector on the transmission is it? I am pretty sure I know which is the reverse lockout, but have no idea which of the other ones is right.

• 1 year later...
Hey Mike kz what do they mean by a solid core ignition wires?

Thanks also for all this info i am going the t56 down in Aus.

Solid core ignition wires are plug wires. They are usually used on race only cars, they cause radio/electrical interference.

• 1 year later...
not to hijack this thread, but is there a semi-easy way to hook up a mech-speedometer to the T-56?
There are electronic-to-mechanical speedo adapters, but they aren't cheap.

http://www.5speedtransmissions.com/t56_early_gm.html

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/148_0305_t56_six_speed_transmission/index.html

I don't have my JTR manual handy, but I believe it's discussed in their as well.

alright, I should have searched, all this info Ive been asking for was there, and I didnt find it X(

anyways, there are some people saying that they wish they had just gone with the manual "make the tranny send out the cable" kit from JTR rather than the Cable-X system. Either way, they're both really expensive.