HybridZ

240z turbo conversion

I am looking for some help on the wiring of the conversion, ive read through all the post and checked everything, no fire. its a 83 zxt engine in a 70 240. i think the main problem on my hands that im trying to fix is im not getting 12v across +,- of coil, i only get 2.5 or something around there. the y/w wire on ignitor is going to the plug near ecu, and b/w wire to +12v. if anyone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance

no one can help me at all... someone please give me some thing to check, i done and redone the wiring, is there some important ground wire im missing or something, i dont have anything connected to that spade connector on the distro. any suggestions help me so much.

There was a black wire in the stock configuration of your car that went from the coil wiring over and plugged into that spade on the bottom of the distributor(there was on my 73 240z). I left that in place for the turbo conversion(I just removed the dropping resistor from the coil circuit and used the turbo coil in place of the 240z coil). I have long since swapped to the MS computer, but I still have that wire routed the same way. I would have to look at my car to remember how that black wire connects to the coil.

You should measure +12v between the coil "+" terminal and chassis ground. Not sure what you would see across the + and - coild terminals. There is a black wire with a white stripe in the 240Z harness that provides power to the coil. Make sure it is connected to the + terminal of the coil.

Hope this helps.

Pete

ok so took another look at it, and i am getting 12v at coil, i feel real intelligent. thanks z-ya for that. so know i guess it must be fuel, so im checking all that, im just turning mototr by hand to hear for clicking from injectors. and just start from there i guess. thanks again ill post back with any other questions.

peter

ok, another quick question. I got it to try to start, but something isnt right yet, if i crank it for about 5 seconds it will pop like once maybe twice like one cylinder is firing or something. i went back and checked firing order, pretty sure that right. i can smell a little bit of gas but not a lot at the downpipe. What is the easiest way to test the injectors to see if they are all firing. thanks again in advance, so close...

If you havent replaced your fuel filter might be a good idea.

You can also get a neat little gatgit at autozone you can plug into one of your injector leads to check if its getting fire.

You can also remove your fuel line put in coffee can turn then on your key see if your pumping fuel. Better yet connect a fuel puessure guage you should be getting around 38 PSI fuel pressure.

If you are getting fire to sparkplug and timing is close then would think next step would be remove your fuel rail and see if your injectors are functioning properly (squirting fuel).

Just some thoughts.

Len

Pull your dizzy off and turn it at the shaft by hand with the cap on you can check your spark and inj this way. Is #1 plug firing with # 1 INJ? Is your fuel pump working? You should really have a pressure gauge on the line after the filter it will come in handy now and later. Whats the story with the enjine? Did you rebuild it or is it just a drop in junkyard motor?