HybridZ

Project Silver Bullet - 240Z LS1 Swap Udate #6 Still Delayed

Well I thought I would shoot out and update but not too much to tell. John at JCI brought in a 240Zto his shop to design a new trans crossmember for the 240Z's but it seems that there are different types of stock trans mounts for the 240Z. He got one that was not the same as mine so he is now getting another one that is like mine.

I hope it will be done in the next few weeks. I did get my tach back from him and he says the 240Z tach will work with the LS1 so that is good news. I sent an email to Speartech to order my wiring harness and get the computer reprogrammed.

That's all for now!

qwik240z

What are you planning on using for headers? I spoke with John last week, and he didn't have any idea when he would have headers available? Something about him being to busy designing a 240z mount! :roll: The Sandersons are sooooooooooo expensive. :( Looks like Street & Performance has a couple of street rod headers. Not sure if they will work though. :? Tom

qwik240z

What are you planning on using for headers? I spoke with John last week' date=' and he didn't have any idea when he would have headers available? Something about him being to busy designing a 240z mount! :roll: The Sandersons are sooooooooooo expensive. :( Looks like Street & Performance has a couple of street rod headers. Not sure if they will work though. :? Tom[/quote']

I was hoping to go with John's headers. As you said, the Sandersons are pricey. I have also been looking at a set of stock exhaust manifolds from a 2004 GTO. From the pics I have seen, they look like they will fit. I missed a set of them because I didn't want to spend $200 on a chance they would fit. Some of the truck manifolds look like they might fit too. The Hummer2 manifolds may fit too.

I hope he finishes the trans crossmember soon so he can work on the headers. When I spoke to him I asked if the headers could be made of the larger 1 5/8" primaries and made from 14 gauge metal instead of 16 guage. We will have to wait and see.

HAHA,your not kidding about the Sanderson price. :lol: I got raped when I bought my set.I had to pick them up from South SF and then drive back to Walnut Creek to find out they dont fit so now I had to bring them back and forth like 4 or 5 different times cause he kept screwing up,cutting and re-welding the wrong header... :twak: .He kept screwing up on my headers.His welds sucked too,leaving splatter from his welds.I brought my headers home and cleaned the welds my self.They looked good on joeys and mas280's.I just got frusterated.He should have payed my gas.You know what they say,you want something done right, do it your self...............If your able to do it.