HybridZ

Where to buy nissan t-5 seal???

Ivan280zt

Well i have spent last few days trying to find rear transmission seal for my turbo t-5 tranny. I went to nissan (lets say more than one :evil: ) and finally when i found one that actually gave a damn about what i was looking for my my suprise (or not) i found that they no longer have any seals for 82-83 280zx turbo tranny but 84 of course is still available but to my suprise they wont interchange :roll: . So far i have checked auto zone (ahahahhaah what i joke and waste of time), carquest (dont even aks about that one), and finally napa which they have one and its $17 which price wise is very close to right part but it would take like forever to get it to the store. So now i am wondering is there anyone who had same problem and has found place that sells them. Any help would be great btw wc t-5 and 300zx t-5 all use different size rear seals so they wont work.

Thanks,

Ivan

Moby,

Yes when i went to Napa they said that they can get it but afther dealing with chain stores i am just woried that i will have to wait whole week for wrong part :? . There is plenty bearing shops around here including Motion Industries (they deal with ALOT of companies) but every time you call someone they always need # off of seal or they need to see it in person so that way they can match it. Problem is that i dont have either of two. So no # and no part in my hands it looks like i will have to gamble again and go with Napa. Thanks for quick reply bud.

Ivan

Ask the guys at Napa to give you the part # then call the bearing shop and see if they can convert it over to one of their #'s.

By the way what brand were you quoted on from Napa?

If all else fails let me know I just had mine rebuilt and the shop installed all new seals and I'm sure could get you what you need.

I ordered this today and it will be here in two days

http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/search_results_part_num.d2w/report

When we looked in napa book it listed this part only for 82 and 83zx but it didnt say turbo or not so i went along with it because they can get it quick and it costed $17 which it twice the price of n/a seal so i hope thats the right one.

Cody 82 ZXT

Part # is 13958 i will call Motion industries and see what they can do with that # but i would really like to have part number off of the seal itself.

This is really killing me i just got my car put together afther eight months and now this seal has been holding me for almost two weeks :evil: .

Ivan

That is interesting, when I went to the local bearing shop here they had a book the guy pulled out and looked up the application, 83 nissan 280zx turbo with 5 spd. Ordered the seal and got the right one. Some places aren't enthusiastic about helping, but some are.

I called Drivetrain.com today and they had that seal for $4 and $25 for that extension brass??? seal that i also dont have so all together came out $29 which is same price that nissan was selling it for. Tommorow seal that i ordered from Napa will be in and this one will be in friday so one of them better work or i am really gonna go nuts :evil: . So all together not bad i am broke as a joke but i just spent $10 for wrong part from nissan, $19 for Napa one, and $35 for one from drivetrain.com so all together $64 for $29 part i am freaking genius :roll: . I the end i really dont care as long as one of these damn things work because when i take my POS for first ride it will all be forgoten :D .

Ivan

Great news guys MSA OWNZ me :D . Somehow somwhere they found the seal and even better news is that it will be at the house by friday so that way i might just drive the car by sunday (week later of course :wink: ). Thanks alot for your help guys. Btw dont bother calling them for another one this was definitelly THE LAST ONE. Nissan sucks Msa rulles :twisted: .

Ivan

LOL.. so Ivan, do you still have all the others you ordered ?? Can you just tell them its not want you needed and get your money back on them?? ALSO.. you better get some pics or some nice video of your Z since it is all back togeather :evil::evil: Is there a chance you will be driving it down here this summer?? :-D

Gabe,

Well the one that came from Napa turns out to be right one to begin with :evil: . One from Nevada is hmmm i dont think that jesus knows what the hell they sent me :shock: so that junk is going back and i will keep the one from Msa when it comes is as a spare one. Man i REALLY want to come back home but i just got done moving and right now i am adjusting to living with relatives :roll: lol but if everything works out and i get my summer job back then yes i will be coming home end of the summer before i start the school and i will stay for few weeks. i will be bringing the z because there is certain silvia i want to hang on my trophy wall :wink: .

Ivan