HybridZ

My S30 body kit sketch

Guest RCNSC

Guest 305240

Try splitting the hood where the hood raises in the center, then raise the back of the center, making it like a cowl induction, you could even sort of cut holes in the front for small air scoops. That should extract a bunch of heat.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vegasguy

Great sketches!

You might want to check out BlueOval Z's work. Terry is THE MAN when it comes to some great one-off body work. The frontend treatment you are fiddling with is very similar to one or more iterations of Terry's car. Dan Juday is another who's explored some of the wide body look. The following link is to Terry's fabulous photo site describing his work on his Z car.

http://www.fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pictures?userid={7DC317B0-8EDB-4B2E-A837-F708D07C9769}&inv=9C67398D46D99D9&userid={7DC317B0-8EDB-4B2E-A837-F708D07C9769}&inv=9C67398D46D99D9&albumid={58D0E16C-17AA-4A01-9908-4535ADE54EFC}&groupid={75FF3451-95EB-4D59-974B-686622B9408B}

Dan's work is detailed over on ZParts.com

VegasGuy

71 240 still on the rotisserie,

L-82 getting machined

Closer......every day a little closer!

Guest RCNSC

That has always been my favorite Z. I love the fenders and the back is amazing. Esp. the exhaust. The rims are out of control, the hood is crazy and the whole thing looks sick in primer! Def. gets "BEST BODY MODS" award.

Crap. Now you got me doing it..... :D I think this one goes a long way towards fixing a lot of the areodynamics problems our Z's have. Minimized front grill opening. Large vent on hood to allow air from grill to escape over top of vehicle (Can't see it in the picture very well, but it IS there :wink: There are no hard edges on the hood, and it would have been difficult to get the angles and shading right to show its shape, so I didn't. Shrug..... ) Vents behind wheel wells, also for evacuating air from under the car. Shaved drip rails, flush mount fuel caps behind quarter windows. I'm still not sure about the side skirts, I may do another drawing with something different than those. Anyhoo, critique away guys,

index.cfm?p=gi&i=6761&r=6548&t=reg

Mike

nah, right handed/left brained. Where I left my brain I can't quite remember...... I know that left handers tend to be more artistic, which is probably why drawing in perspective is so hard for me. We're talking brow wrinkled in thought, hunched over slide rule, sweating (and cursing) profusely kind of pain in the a$$. Drawing anything other than 2D is a chore. And I'm never happy until it's "just perfect". Feh. I can't even count how many decent drawings I've crumpled up into little balls and sent flying because they didn't make the cut. Even now I'm looking at mine and thinking "Whats wrong with that cars suspension?...." the front wheel is just a little off, like the strut has been torn from the tower or something. I definitely think we need to keep cranking out the sketches, maybe give the fiberglass guys on here a few ideas maybe. Keep the ideas coming guys.

Mike

I'll try to come upwith more ideas. Not quite sure what else to do to the Z unless I follow a theme, but then again thse aren't quite so original..TO me they say I made my car look like a ferrari cause i can't afford one....thus making it a wanna be. NO Z wanna b's in my book, sorry

• 6 months later...

I was just searching through the older posts and came across this one. I love everything about that first drawing, except the hood, but other than that its great. I was just wondering if anyone had any updates on it. Seems there really arnt many newer looking kits out there for the classics z's.

• 3 weeks later...
Is fiberglass hard to work with/shape? There is a HybridZ member with an awesome primed one with really deep dish 5 spoke wheels..... I think he does all his own body work and it's sick. I have pics somewhere on this computer...

But yea' date=' I might look into it.[/quote']

Hey RCNSC...this isn't the one you were talking about, was it? I've been doing some work on the rear of it, and it looks a little like your drawing. Except mine has Vette taillights. My exhaust will be coming out of the center also, but not exactly like a Vette.

And...HEY Everybody!!!! I'm back!!! Sorry I've been gone for so long. But, Spiff Happens, ya know? Got divorced, Moved, Moved again, Got married, Moved again...or still moving actually. I've moved everything from the old house to the new house...now I'm moving everything from the old garage to the new garage. What a PAIN that is!!! I hope everyone is doing alright...later...

JuJu

Hey RCNSC...this isn't the one you were talking about' date=' was it? I've been doing some work on the rear of it, and it looks a little like your drawing. Except mine has Vette taillights. My exhaust will be coming out of the center also, but not exactly like a Vette.

And...HEY Everybody!!!! I'm back!!! Sorry I've been gone for so long. But, Spiff Happens, ya know? Got divorced, Moved, Moved again, Got married, Moved again...or still moving actually. I've moved everything from the old house to the new house...now I'm moving everything from the old garage to the new garage. What a PAIN that is!!! I hope everyone is doing alright...later...

JuJu[/quote']

Holy crap look who it is!! I never thought I would see the day! Welcome back dude!!

Thanks Mike!!! I'm going to get back to work on the Z pretty soon...I've still got to get my tools sorted out after the move, and hoping for some warmer weather too....

Man!...you guys always pick a bad weekend for me. Is it March 20th? My wife's parents are coming in to town from Wisconsin that weekend to see our new house, so I'll be tied up with them all weekend. I moved to a house on a lake, so the #1 project is getting the boat running right. I think it just needs a tune up...that's about it. But I will be doing that sometime next month also...gotta get ready for wakeboarding this summer. You'll have to come over this summer and we'll go riding in the boat...

zsignature26ou.jpg