HybridZ

MSA is really pissing me off!!!!!

80LS1T

Ok I understand that when you order parts from companies that sometimes you get the wrong stuff. No one is perfect right?

Well when I ordered my body kit for my 1980 280ZX(NA) I told them that I needed the kit for the 280ZXT because my exhaust exits out of the drivers side not the passenger side like. The kit for the 280ZXT has the hole cut out on the drivers side not the passenger side like the 280ZX(NA). I told the guy on the phone this multiple times to make sure that I got the right kit. I thought ok "I think I enphasized that enough, I should get the right stuff". Well 3 weeks later when I got the kit(they said it would be a while because they were waiting on a shipment of the pieces), sure enough I got the 280ZX(NA) kit with the wrong rear bumper! Now I wasnt too mad because I knew that I wasnt going to be attaching it for a while but I was still a little mad because I really tried to make sure that they understood what I needed. Now they did make it better and send me the right one and have FEDEX pick up the old one but it was still a PITA!

Now a few months later I needed to order a new passenger rear brake line. I have the SS brake lines on my car. So I called them up and ordered a passenger rear brake line for my car. The guy on the phone asked me 2 times which one I needed and both times I said passenger rear for a 1980 280ZX. So he says ok I've got it in stock and I get it shipped out. That was on Tuesday. So today I get my order and when I opened the box.......what do I find........a DRIVERS SIDE rear brake line!!!!! Now I will have to wait anther week to get my car back on the road! Thats what really pisses me off! My car has been down for a month now because of this brake line and because I had to reseal my power steering gear box and install new lines. I have really been anxious to drive my car again but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry had to vent! :?

Guy

Just to relate to you, about 3 months ago I ordered an outer tie rod end and made sure to emphasize it was for an "'82 280ZX TURBO" and after a month passed by, the package finally arrived -- after I opened it up, I was kinda puzzled as to why those parts look so different. I checked the invoice and what do ya know! "Outer Tie Rod '81 280zx N/A". So, I called them and told them about the situation, and the guy that I talked to just told me to send it back with the return number that he gave me, and it would cost me an extra $10 for it, both tie rods are the same price in their catalog, so WTF??

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting on it to come in.

Good luck with it man.

Guys: Now what does that tell you about ordering from MSA! Have them correct the problem by having the rightt parts reshipped overnight express...and because of their screw up, they need to pick up the tab! Any decent company worth their salt will do that. It was their error, they should do you right. Otherwise, you need to spread the word. If enough people vent, their business will start to feel the pinch. Your not the first...unfortunately, you won't be the last. For people who live distance, the problem just multiplies. I guess this is my way to vent and support your frustrations.

VAN

Yeah you would think that when a customer who has been soooooo loyal like myself you would get the order right. I have spend thousands of dollars with them! Up untill the last 6 months or so I have had no problems. But my last 2 orders now have been messed up and this time it really pissed me off because I really need that brake hose!

I think I will tell them to overnight that hose. I will call tomorrow and see what I can have done.

Guy

Guest 2slo4u

Yeah, well I ordered kyb struts a couple of years ago for my 83 turbo 2+2 and they sent me the ones for the n/a 2seater. My car did not sit as high and it still crouched too much with new springs. I called MSA and asked if those were the correct cartridges and they told me yes even after reiterating that I had the 83turbo 2+2. :? I checked in another suspension catalog and imagine that, the struts for those cars ARE different. When I called MSA and told them the correct part number, the guy STILL told me it did not matter even though KYB had two different part numbers for the zx's. But they did take the cartridges back and send the correct ones. After recieving the new correct p/n cartridges, IMAGIINE THAT, the ride height was perfect and NO MORE SQUATTING! 8) (My new rear springs were slightly stiffer than stock, maybe just about 1 inch of squat on takeoff!) Sometimes you just have to deal with it. :roll: Since then I've always checked every local source before resorting to ordering from those guys.

81zxturbo rustybut running

Well on Monday I emailed them and told them that they screwed up my last 2 orders and that I would like them to overnight the correct brake hose to me..........and they sure did overnight it to me! I think that shows that they know they screwed up and the important thing is they made me happy! :D

Oh and I finally got my car back on the road after over a month of not driving it due to resealing the power steering, new P/S lines, the brake hose, and fixing my no start condition(wouldnt start after it got hot in stop and go driving, thought it was a battery problem but it was actually because I didnt have a good ground on the engine)! Now I have to get it registered again and put insurance back on it. Then I can take it to the track! :D

Guy

Guy

Don't even get me started on MSA :fmad:

My body kit took months to get here not weeks and my Panasports seemed like it took a year to get them after many lies were told by the salesmen that I spoke with over the phone.

However, my springs and struts did get here rather quickly. Guy like you I have also spent thousands of dollars with this company. I have spent so much money that I should have stock in the company. Next time you call them for something ask them to pull up your account and you will be surprised at the money you have blown with them.