HybridZ

Options for LSD in hybrid Zs

Guest hondajohn

Guest hondajohn

Like the last person who posted, I did a search and got some hits, but none that answered my question directly...

I am installing a 350 in a nice '71 240Z. What are my options for rear differentials, and limited slip units? I have heard a 240SX rear diff will work. Should I buy a LSD unit from an aftermarketer or from NISMO/Datsun??

I have the JTR conversion manual, but it does not go in depth on this topic.

THANKS from a new member!!

JOHN

Oh man...this topic has been hashed out over and over and over......if you only got a few hits, then you must have searched incorrectly....every question you could possibly have has been asked and answered probably 1000 times over....

Go here: http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=search

type in LSD as the search word

select the Drivetrain forum and click search, then read away.........see ya in a few days :D:D

oh...and welcome!!! :cheers:

Guest the_dj

I have $700 in my install package for the '88 LSD + z31 CV shafts. That price should be nearly all-inclusive. I'll have an exact price when I'm done, but little things like cleaning & reassembling the CV ends, ADAPTERS, and even fluid add up quickly. I'm really, really, really hoping for a real change in feel over my stock unit.

I've scheduled the install for next weekend...this weekend I'm completing the install of my new 19x26x3" all aluminum radiator. 8)

Guest hondajohn

Thanks guys, I did find some more info. using the search. Is it difficult to post pics. on this site? Just wanted to post a pic. of the car that will be undergoing the hybrid transformation shortly...

A very nice looking metallic silver '71 w/Perellis on Intras...

JOHN