HybridZ

Where's the best place to mount the FPR?

violacleff

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Yes away from the firewall just for precautions. I dont have a powerful Z and rarely beat on it because it was my daily driver for a while.

You'll still have fuel line routing around so make sure to secure that as well. vibrations/scuffing on surfaces will lead to leaks over time. use quality approved efi fuel line as it is more resistant to fire and cracking from the heat and pressure. Always use Teflon and make sure to check for leaks before and after test runs. if you have leaks you have improperly installed the Teflon. Each rail is given the same exact tap from one person to another's. right down to the .0001".

Install the barb all the way until it want to go no further. Don't over or you'll simply snap the barb off. Its only brass. They don't need any certain amount of torque.. using a stubby hex socket wrench will do best to keep from applying to much tightening

I use very nice thick Teflon found at hydraulic shops. wrap it around in the certain direction so it follows and gets drawn in with the threads.

I think I should have an online demonstration of this if you aren't sure. thanks Juan

I drag race my Z. I put the FPR on the right fender just behind the stock fuel filter location. The firewall is a dangerous place for at least two reasons. A clutch or bellhousing explosion will shred the firewall taking out the FPR. An accident can push the engine into the FPR. Both will spray fuel and fire, possibly killing the occupants. I would also recommend using braided NHRA approved fuel line to plumb the rail, as that hose must pass behind the engine and across the bell housing in a typical installation.