HybridZ

Anybody using a crankcase evacuation setup?

Like this one:

http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?CatCode=13023

If so, a couple of questions: Did you use any kind of baffle below the separator in the valve cover? My stud girdles are very close to the valve cover and If I can use any baffle at all it will only be a flat piece of aluminum.

How far did you let the tubes protrude into the exhaust?

And lastly, how does it work? Good, fair, or waste of money?

John

Mark, not bad but some. It was still blowing just a little oil out the breather with the dipstick zip tied down. Just enough to see a few droplets on the valve cover and plug wires. Obviously it's not venting enough. It's sucking oil into the intake thru the PCV valve, since I can't run a baffle under the PCV, stud girdles in the way. I was thinking this system would vent the crankcase a little better, eliminate oil into the intake, blowing it out the exhaust instead.

I'm either gonna try this or use a breather tank setup like you've got, haven't really decided yet. If this setup doesn't work well with mufflers, that's gonna be a big negative.

For those wondering what I'm doing, I run my car at open track road course events, turning high rpms, 7K, for usually 20-25 minutes at a time. I'm using a PCV valve on the pass side and edelbrock breather on the drivers side, and blowing a little oil out the breather and sucking some thru the PCV. No baffles on either on due to clearance problems. Motor is fresh and leaks down good, but isn't venting enough.

Suggestions are welcome!

John