HybridZ

removing a motorsport body kit

oatmilk

I have 240Z that I like except the motorsport body kit on it. The car was formally owned by a body shop owner who put the body kit on for his son, hence it was did right and is molded to the rest of the body. It looks fantastic...if you like body kits on Z's, but I dont. Can you safely remove the kit without damaging the body too much? Maybe I'll trade someone that likes body kits for a car with no kit. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks,

If the owner of the body shop did a proper job grafting the body kit into the car (sounds like he did), then you will do more damage to the car trying to remove it than anything else. I use to work at a body shop and I know how tormenting it can be to remove a crappy installed body kit let alone a decent install.

Yasin

Can you safely remove the kit without damaging the body too much? Maybe I'll trade someone that likes body kits for a car with no kit. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks' date='[/quote']

L-

We need to take the car to Riverside and check it out a bit closer. If they grafted it on there with fiberglass we might have a problem removing it without affecting the surrounding sheet metal. If it's molded in with bondo we will be alot better off. You can trade me the 'black z' for all the work... j/k. Besides... it'll force you to come and check up on the SR Z and ride in the WRX!

Keith