HybridZ

After 2+ weeks I got my Autometer Gauges Installed..Pics

slownrusty

This project started off a few weeks ago, with removal of the oil pan (what a frustrating ordeal that was!).

Then lots of little welding to make fittings for the gauges, bungs and Tees on the block etc.

Here is my oil pan after the painful removal, very rusty, flaked paint, dented, caked with grease and leaking oil from the bad oil pan gakset:

60911896.jpg

60911907.jpg

After sandblasting the oil pan and using a special black high temp rubberized primer:

62194094.jpg

After sandblasting, the final coat and a new bung welded in for my oil temp. gauge:

62194082.jpg

62194076.jpg

62194108.jpg

Taking the stock oil pressure sender, separting it and using the Tee, and adding a -4AN outlet for the oil pressure gauge and the new Turbo oil line feed:

62190423.jpg

62190433.jpg

To install the Autometer gauges, was not too bad really (just have to have patience!) , I took (spliced) the lighting source from my cigarette lighter and I re-used the stock plastic cups for the OE gauges and everything fits extremely snug with the Autometer 2 58" size gauges. I started installing the new gauges yesterday after work and had it all done by lunch time today - not too bad!

62610341.jpg

Regards - Yasin