HybridZ

Hell thath not frozen over....(part Deux)

blueovalz

Spent the entire day painting less than 1/2 the car. But it's getting closer. Everything is painted except the front clip (sans the hood) and the metal parts (roof, pillars, and quarter panels. Tomorrow, the front clip, and the the main body hopefully by Tuesday. As the coon-ass would say, I-EEEEEE!!!!

The tail light panel is now a semi-flat "gunmetal" color (as is the framing for the valance vent below the panel):

standard.jpg

And the clearcoat glossed out nicely. Me, reflected in the door.

standard.jpg

...what is a power ranger and what are the dimples. Then it hit me as I saw it, and I had to laugh! :D:D:D

ROTFL!!! I see it! I see it too! :lol:

Unintended consequences? Or...

Don't feel bad Terry. I had to change my first set of mufflers due to, uh... unanticipated resemblance to certain body parts. :roll:

Ask Alex. He even has pics.

...what is a power ranger and what are the dimples. Then it hit me as I saw it' date=' and I had to laugh! :D:D:D[/quote']

ROTFL!!! I see it! I see it too! :lol:

Unintended consequences? Or...

Don't feel bad Terry. I had to change my first set of mufflers due to, uh... unanticipated resemblance to certain body parts. :roll:

Ask Alex. He even has pics.

Sorry! I meant it in a complimentary way. I was getting rid of some old VHS tapes and ran into some old "Power Ranger" shows i taped for my nephew and it just dawned on me that the taillights looked like eyes, the diffuser a mouth and the exhaust ports as dimples. It's a badASS car!!!

get it? bad ASS....you know.....rearend......ahh never mind. Dont mind me, I'm getting brainfreeze from the three snow cones im eating. :flamedevil: :2thumbs:

wonderfully appropriate choice of attire, there. :)

Also, I think that paint job looks awesome. I like the stripes. The reason I've shied away from black (that's what it is, right?) is that I won't be able to keep it clean enough. I can imagine that if you were able to have your car just primered for so long, black paint should be a cinch.

Also, I'd be interested to see that faux-pas-in-exhaust. Wondering which, of the few that came to mind, it looks like.

The reason I've shied away from black (that's what it is' date=' right?) is that I won't be able to keep it clean enough. I can imagine that if you were able to have your car just primered for so long, black paint should be a cinch.

[/quote']

Looks blue to me!

Blueoval.... just looked at your documentation pics for the first time, As much as I have loved your forum sig, the pics from the rear of the car really gave me new insight to the overall look of your car. I have been considering a similar look, but was wondering if the airdam and was mandatory, or just your choice. Also, the headlights bezels are sealed? I didnt see other lights, is this race only?

Love the work you have put into the car, it is certainly up in the elite ranks in this community.... as if being in this community wasnt elite enough already...... :D

It was strictly race, but the money got scarce a while back, and I gave up the truck and trailer, and it sat in a garage for years. My lovely spouse eventually suggested I race it, or sell it, but do something with it, so I embarked on setting it up as much as was possible for use on the street (exhause, DOT wheels and tires, lights, fans, etc). I then decided that if I was to drive it on the street, then some aesthetic enhancements were in order so that I could make the local car shows from time to time. Hence, the additional detailing the bodywork, rear end changes, exhaust changes, and miscellaneous other things. It's not wholly "legal", but close, so I try to keep from drawing the attention of the local constabulary when I do drive it by acting fairly civil. Now if I could only bring myself to cut up some of the cage so that I wouldn't be required to crawl in through the window......

Guest Aaron
Now if I could only bring myself to cut up some of the cage so that I wouldn't be required to crawl in through the window......

Maybe you should have painted it Orange. :D That would rock! :2thumbs:

That car is god. :hail: I would literally drool If I saw that car on the road. That's saying alot because I don't drool on the sight of lambos or ferraris. Something tells be that if that car goes to west Z nationals in Cali it will win no problem. If I'm not mistaken are you painting your Z the same as the one posted in your photo gallery? I to would like to se interior pics, and if possible a pic from the inside of the car looking at your side mirrors just to seee what the rear uarters look like in the mirror.

Also do you have a nice engine to go with the car?