HybridZ

4.11 R180 from 200SX into 260Z

Bangker

Hi,

I've searched here and at zcar.com, but have been unable to find an answer for this q.

I'm looking at putting a 4.11 R180 from a mid-80's 200SX into my 260Z to replace my 3.36. I know the R180 should bolt up OK, but I'm really wondering about the stubs. Will they work OK in my 260? What will I have to do to use them?

I know they're not as strong as the R200 or 230, but for now, I just want some improvement, and they're cheap!

I did the same swap in the early 90's. You will need to replace the side gear's in the 200sx's diff with the one's out of you 260 or get new ones from Nissan. The 200sx uses CV joint half shafts with circlips VS the 260 with bolt on half shafts. Drive shaft bolts right up. The swap is not hard but the Ring gear has to come off the carrier to change out the side gears.

• 1 year later...
I did the same swap in the early 90's. You will need to replace the side gear's in the 200sx's diff with the one's out of you 260 or get new ones from Nissan. The 200sx uses CV joint half shafts with circlips VS the 260 with bolt on half shafts. Drive shaft bolts right up. The swap is not hard but the Ring gear has to come off the carrier to change out the side gears.

Sorry to bring back a post from the dead, but if you want an LSD [using this method], which one would you use. I would assume you would use the 200SX carrier, take out the side gears and replace them with the early style [stock] side gears...

Then put in the early LSD or the later LSD?