HybridZ

homegrown t3/t4b hybrid

260turbo

Hey, a friend of mine built a t3/t4b hybrid today by installing the backing plate, wheel, and compressor housing of a t4 onto the center section and exhaust housing of the t3. It was operational tonight and seemed to work quite nicely. My question was Has anyne else ever done this or know anything about doing it? I was thinking about possibly doing it myself but using a better wheel then the s trim. What do you all think?

Austin

hurm maybe i should add a little bit of information to cancel out my worthless post. There isnt anything wrong with building a turbo like that as that is how a t3/t4 turbo is made... I dunno what problem you would run into with balancing but it should work.

-Austin

cool... so does any one know where I can purchase just a better flowing wheel for a garrett .60 compressor? i have an s trim right now.

You will need to use the correct compressor housing and backplate too if the exducer is larger. Don't know how much power you are looking to make but the stock T3 turbine wheel is a power limiter too.

• 2 years later...