HybridZ

Broken 280zxt stub axle

spork

Have the stub axles breaking on a 280zxt been an issue? I broke the right hand side the other night at the track. This is the first time with the new motor and things halfway working right. I'm getting ready to put a used stub axle in from my parts car, but I really don't want to have this happen again. Is there an upgrade? should I have them shotpeened or cryro treated? Or do you think it was just worn out and ready to break? I'll admit, I'm hard on the car. I run M&H slicks and launch around 5300RPM and am cutting low 1.6's. I brought it up to 6000 where I used to launch on my old motor and it broke the stub axle. (not a the cv shaft, but the part that attatches to the rotor and has the cv shaft flange bolted to it.) I wanna cut some 1.5 60fts. Anyways, is there anything I can do to keep this from breaking...short of not launching so hard?

i upgaded to z31 300z stubs and was breaking those. they are the weak link once you get upgraded axles and diff. Thats why im going with a solid rearend (ford 8.8) instead of trying to come up with something that will withstand 400+ rwhp on a prepped drag track.