HybridZ

Arizona Z Car Camel GT front end - why not?

rustrocket

I too love the Camel GT look! I believe it to be an even better solution, (aerodynamically speaking), than the G-nose for first gen Z's.

As to it being a good choice for a daily driver? The only drawback would be the lack of headlights, (no the lower circular openings are NOT for lights, too low to the ground to be legal, but rather are ducts to allow venting to the front brakes). I suppose someone could graft in "pop-up" headlights ala` corvette or such. Or simply install Integra style headlights like Blue Oval's Z use to have!

Is Arizona Z Car making this front-end again?

If so, how much and can anybody say, "group buy"!

ps. Does anyone have any other photo's of this front-end?

Mark

Dave @ arizona z car told me that headlights can go in the holes in the bottom, but i'd have to agree that it'd be too low. I'm sure i'm get pulled over in a heartbeat, especially here in CA. however, it does give an additional 4" of width on each side of the car = huge tires.

The price i was quoted was $895. I dont know how many people would be ingterested in a group buy, especially considering the size and it being a pick-up only item.

...it has historically been extremely difficult to purchase fiberglass from AZ Z car. They have at various times had policies such as $1000 minimum order, pick up only, or been totally out of the fiberglass business. Also, and I don't mean this as a personal insult, as I have heard plenty of people say he is a good guy, but when discussing parts and such on the phone, he doesn't give the impression he cares whether he sells anything or not.

Now this is all my personal experience, backed up by the general opinion of the Z car community at large. I should however point out that I have not talked to him or tiried to purchase anything in years.

As long as you can get some lights in there, it should be fine for the road, I love the look head on, but the nose is too long from the side, in my opinion.

I saw this car at his shop several years ago. From what I remember the front end of the car is tube construction. The fiberglass was thin and was made for racing not street use. The rear was the racing one under fenders and quarter panels on his web site if I remember right http://www.arizonazcar.com/fender.html . A sub frame of tubing might be required to support the front end. It could be a simple job to reinforce the front section with fiberglass mat and rope on the under side. I was looking at using head light out of one of the new Dodge Mini Vans and molding them in as a possible light selection. But never checked the contour to see if they would work.

I like the look and have been giving it thought... perhaps the original headlight bezels could be modified along with some minor fiberglass filling and be installed into that nose and use material such as lexan to make a clear cover leveling off the nose...or even just make a sheetmetal box just large enough for the light and install again with a lexan cover.

just a thought.