HybridZ

Forged Crank?

Guest 260Newb

Guest 260Newb

i plan on going .30 over and HOPE to hit the 350 mark. I would like to run HIGH race fuel boost (dyno and track days on 112 octane) at 25 psi. I wanna run 10 everyday and 17 on race nights. I plan on keeping the stock bottom end and going 8:1 compression on Forged pistons with the metal hg and the ARP studs. As well as some MAJOR head work. There is a guy in SC who can tune like a genious and he is doing the tune for me. My question at this point though is DO I NEED WATER INJECTION? i have been readin ALOT about it and i can Totally see why it's a good thing, but with a FMIC almost the width and height of the car...is it a necessity? Thanks, Nick

Skip the Major head work and spend the money on a more efficient turbo such as a GT series ball bearing unit. Or spend that money on stand alone EFI.... or a better IC.

I'd stay away from water injection personally, a quality intercooler is all you need. I am not crazy about having to fill up anything but the gas tank. ;)

My recepie for 350 rear wheel:

L28ET

Forged pistons, 8.0-8.5:1 CR

SDS EFI (EM-4F)

Medium NPR Intercooler

400cc/min injectors or a bit larger

Walbro GSL392 Fuel pump

3" mandrel bent exhaust

Large mandrel bent downpipe

240sx 60mm TB

GT30R Turbo

You better have some pretty serious plans for brakes, suspension and traction as well with this setup!

Guest 260Newb

I found out a little bit more today...

I was told that WI is not manditory so i will be skipping that. I plan on using THIS FMIC though...

http://www.streetimports.com/product_details.asp?id=357

I also figured out that with an MSD6AL and a boost timing something or another i will be OK on knock and with a good tune not have to worry about that kinda stuff. I was told the same thing u just told me, about 30 mins ago. Nice fuel sysetem setup and a Huge FMIC as well as a better turbo and i will be good to go. The people i am going to have build my turbo through are supposed to have the best ones on the market right now. I think it was precision? One on my friends is a damn turbo guru and when i told him about the turbo i was planning on getting, he laughed in my face...needless to say i won't be running a TD06 anymore.

Thank You Very much for your help so far! i hope this project will go well!

P.S.

i am posting some pics http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=favpics if you would like to see what i have to start with. And i found a BEAUTIFUL cage for the Z as well...pics included of that.

A junk yard motor got me over 400rwhp :D . If you are looking to run 25 psi with race gas I would definetly get a turbo capable of flowing what you need 61mm or larger and atleast 550cc or larger injectors. Some of those intercoolers say 3" thick but the core is actually a litle thinner. I've seen a few bar and plate ones on Ebay that were 3" thick though.

Guest 260Newb

Yeah that is just the type of FMIC that i am going after...something HUGE. At this point, i think the turbo choice is going to be my biggest uplift or downfall.