HybridZ

Anyone use Nismo competition CV axles?

Could not find a description of them online but I have descriptions before that read something like: Shotpeened and magnafluxed for competition use on 280zx. Pretty pricy something like 600.00 for the pair, but less than r230 conversion axles and should be pretty strong. Wondering if anyone has used them, because Ive never heard of anyone running them. Thanx.

http://courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=s30_nismo_competition-axles

I bought a custom chromoly setup (driveshaftshop.com) for a my car last year. it was modded to except Z31 sub shafts and brakes. they only cost 500 bucks and they were a custom length. Guess what. i still broke stub shafts!!!!!! If you are planning on drag racing you wont go much faster then a hi 10 low 11s with the stock stubs. People have gone faster with v-8 auto setups but once i saw how easy the stubs can shear i'd be real scared to be running them in anything faster then a mid 11 sec car. i wont even get in a car with drum brakes anymore at the track. with drums the wheel will fall off if the stub breaks.

anyways im kinda partial so take it for whats it worth.

• 6 months later...
Could not find a description of them online but I have descriptions before that read something like: Shotpeened and magnafluxed for competition use on 280zx. Pretty pricy something like 600.00 for the pair' date=' but less than r230 conversion axles and should be pretty strong. Wondering if anyone has used them, because Ive never heard of anyone running them. Thanx.

http://courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CP&Category_Code=s30_nismo_competition-axles[/quote']

I asked Courtesyparts about it, but they said they can't get them anymore. I have a 280ZX already, so I don't if ModernMotorsports has any direct drop in replacement; I get the sense their axle upgrade was just for a 1st gen conversion.

In a recent post Ross said his initial batch of stub axles and CV shafts are selling out quick.

Good luck getting any more info than that. He has been very difficult to get ahold of lately.

I would love to hear from someone who has actually installed Ross's upgraded stuff.