HybridZ

LS1 conversion?

Guest jake

Yes you will love the LS-1 in your Z. I love seeing peoples faces when i drop the hammer and take off like a bat out of hell.... :flamedevil:

Your in a good location where you can keep the smog off your car. Mine has all the smog equipment and is CA legal! There is lots of obsticals that you will come accross wile doing the swap. Keep searching the Forum and you will find the answer some times in 2 or 3 diffrent posts. If it isnt it drop a post and we will answer it again.

Good Luck

Mike (i love those motor mounts) corvette bracket location not camaro

I am using the stock Datsun crossmember and the motor mount that is under the one I made is from a 65-70 chevy pick-up.Just drops right into place on the Datsun crossmember and is held down buy one stud.I then measured and cut a plate that goes on top of that,then cut a template out of thin cardboard to make the upright plate.It took me a couple hours, was a little time consuming to make it look good.The other side is a little tricky though.I'll be heading back to the shop this weekend to finish the other side. If you slot the crossmember your able to move the motor back and forth depending where you want to place it.

Those mounts look clean and well thought out. Great welds! Thanks for posting the photos. I can't tell what's directly under your custom mounts. Are they bolted to the original datsun mounts or is that something else?

Hey there Brian...Those motor mounts are from a C5 Vette.Thanks for the programs Manuel that you sent me.I ended you sending my complete Camaro harness to speartech to make me a custom harness so I never used it. :lol: I should be getting my harness back and day now....John

Yes you will love the LS-1 in your Z. I love seeing peoples faces when i drop the hammer and take off like a bat out of hell.... :flamedevil:

Your in a good location where you can keep the smog off your car. Mine has all the smog equipment and is CA legal! There is lots of obsticals that you will come accross wile doing the swap. Keep searching the Forum and you will find the answer some times in 2 or 3 diffrent posts. If it isnt it drop a post and we will answer it again.

Good Luck

Mike (i love those motor mounts) corvette bracket location not camaro

I concurr on the '01 or newer LS1. The newer engines have the Z06 intake and some even have the Z06 block if you shop around enough. They would make a better foundation to build from. When you get the engine be sure to get the wiring harness, ecm, and radiator fans & shroud if you can. The fans & shroud off either F-body are almost a perfect fit for a Datsun sized radiator and will plug 'n play with the ECM and the wiring harness.

Being from Connecticut and having a 240Z I assume that you're not interested in having AC in the car.

Again, read as many of the posts as you can and gather all the information before you start making decisions. That will save yo a lot of do-overs. I have a feeling you've probably experienced a few of those.

I'll take the advice and start searching for a 01 or newer. I'm hoping to get lucky and find it with the T56, harness, and computer.

It seems that everyone here is on the west coast! I lived in Marin for a few years. That's when I decided to get a datsun. Years later in CT it happened. Of course now I can't stop trying to make it better...

I want to keep it as simple as possible with minimal clutter in the engine bay. I figure if the emissions and AC are shaved that will give it the right look. Although it does get quite humid here in the summer. I would do anything for the dry heat of CA!

You can buy everything at the same time.Get the harness and just send it to speartech.He will build you a harness that is clean without all the extra crap you dont need.The computer will come with the factory harness when you buy it so dont worry about that.To get the T56 in there,you need to beat your tunnel a little bit,like I need to do to my chicken coop car.Just make sure you buy the motor with the matching computer so you know how many miles are on it.

I'll take the advice and start searching for a 01 or newer. I'm hoping to get lucky and find it with the T56' date=' harness, and computer.

It seems that everyone here is on the west coast! I lived in Marin for a few years. That's when I decided to get a datsun. Years later in CT it happened. Of course now I can't stop trying to make it better...

I want to keep it as simple as possible with minimal clutter in the engine bay. I figure if the emissions and AC are shaved that will give it the right look. Although it does get quite humid here in the summer. I would do anything for the dry heat of CA![/quote']

The wire harness is not that difficult to do. its just about the right size. The only difficult part is labeling all the wires to where they are supposed to go. It depends on how much your time is worth....labeling and installing the wire harness took about 2 days...can be done in a weekend. I prefer being occupied, other wise i would be walking the mall with my wife :cry2: