HybridZ

New daily driver is a Hybrid (sort of)

mark

A factory hybrid and none of this electirc and gas stuff either. Just bought a cadillac CTS V. Comes with the ls6 and t-56 tranny. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and 14 inch rotors with brembo calipers. I can't believe I bought a cadillac but this car is incredible. For the specs go to

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedan/112_0306_f_ctsv/

Now if I can just pry the keys from my wife :D

Guest bastaad525

Those are sweet cars... supposed to be the car to try to take down BMW's upcoming M5. Though I haven't been too fond of recent Caddy styline I gotta say I do like the way this one looks, and all the magazines are raving about it's abilities.

I too covet that car. They have a forum dedicated to it on ls1tech.com. Apparently there are major wheel hop issues with the suspension - but I'm sure some aftermarket company will have a fix.

As to M5 - yeah, you could say it's competitive with the current M5 (3rd gen), but not with the upcoming V10 model. Then again, for the price of one gen4 M5 you could get 2 CTS-Vs.

normal_DSC00016.JPG

Not the best pic, and not the best angle of the car but never the less here it is. I'm sure this car will not touch the V-10 m-5 but it is every bit the car of the current gen m-5. That was my second choice.

Wheel hop is an issue and there is already an aftermarket fix for that but I won't be taking the car to the strip so I should be OK. I am concerned about stories of the rear diff failing but I think those are related to the wheel hop issue. Mark

drool....

you have a C5 vert too!!

and all those cool Z's!!

what do you do for a living? you want a 20 year old son who is into Z's, and fast cars, and doesnt eat much, and works hard, and doesnt back talk..

please :cry:

mike

...you want a 20 year old son who is into Z's' date=' and fast cars, and doesnt eat much, and works hard, and doesnt back talk..

mike[/quote']

DOESN'T BACK TALK???? Oh pawlease, Mike. Have you forgotten all your early posts? Somebody get Mikes Dad on the phone. :roll:

...you want a 20 year old son who is into Z's' date=' and fast cars, and doesnt eat much, and works hard, and doesnt back talk..

mike[/quote']

DOESN'T BACK TALK???? Oh pawlease, Mike. Have you forgotten all your early posts? Somebody get Mikes Dad on the phone. :roll:

ive changed :roll:

mike

:D

Mark, that's sweet, those are a really cool ride.

BUT-

You said you were going to go buy a new truck, and come back with a Caddy CTS-V?????????

Does it have a trailer hitch to tow the Z to the track? This I gotta see.

John

The CTS is one of my favorite cars, as well as the new XLR.

I'm sure there is a towbar for it somewhere out there. If there is, my dad can find it.

He's put a towbar on his 95 caddy, 420SEL Benz, and for my mom's birthday a few years back, he got her a towbar for her Z28 Camaro. What a guy.