HybridZ

driftn280zx2+2 - Pictures for you!

RacerX

man you make me smile like mad to think maybe i can be pretty good at this body work thing.

i think im creative enough so...

im taking a year of paint/body work school at the autoschool im at now.

ill also be testing out my skills on my Blue Z as it needs some work.. i think atleast.

wish me luck.

mike

Nice pics RacerX. I see that you like to make wheel wells kinda boxy, unlike my style large tire "hugging" upside down "U". You have some nice skills with metal. ONe thing that is bugging me. (I should probably search first but oh well). How are urethane bodykits made? I took an drafting class in 10th grade and an architectural class in 11th and finally a Computter graphics and 3D animation class senior year of high school. We didn't do much hand drawing mostly all computer stuff. My drawing skills come from My three years of art classes in high school along with obviously natural talent, sorry to brag. Yours is really nice. I need more practice with color. I'll have to try to draw my design of my car in black and white (much easier to shade an show the details you want.

I'll have to see if my community college or local UNIV. has a bodyshop class. Seems like a good investment (no duh) thus I'll know just a little more to help achieve my goals. I start college this year. (i'm fresh outta high school).

Thanks again for the pics, very different. I'm pondering the idea of an intake in the rear fender for the brakes, I just don't want to ruin the nice line that a flared fender would create by putting a big hole in it.

drift' date='

Here's a Camel GT 280ZX pace car!

[img']http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10766/normal_280ZX_CamelGTpace.jpg[/img]

RacerX

:shock: Now thats awesome. See how the door "bleeds into the rear quarter, just sexah. Only probleem is the rear flare is a wee bit to boxy and the front end limits the air going into the engine (great aero dynamics though). That rear wing appears to hand 2+ feet off the rear of the car. I'm going to save to my documents for further reference if thats okay. Also I like how the front fender is flared. ONly problem there to me is that is starts in the door also. Not what I like. That area in front os the door is where the front flare should be gradually introduced. Simply awesome. Also the nice thing about having a 2+2 is that you get like 4" more area to introduce the rear flare. I have a very active imagination. That side skirt is awesome, similar to what I'd like to do.Thanks for posting this pic.

uh, that bodykit IMO is questionable. The front flair is interesting( but it destroys the original bodyline) . The back flare, well if the wheel well wasn't boxed, and if the upper line of the rear quarter didn't "bleed" into the door it would be considerable. The camel race car IMO looked better but that could be because it had a much lower stance. I think what that Kaminari ZX really needs is a sideskirt. Got any more pics of it (the Kaminari car) RacerX? I really appreaciate the fact that you are digging these up to share with me, thanks! They are very inspirational to me and hopefully other readers.

I just recently did another drawing of my concept, but it is more realistic this time. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. Also I 've got an interior design beginning to meterialize on paper. I need to finish the shading on it first though. Thanks again for sharing all those neat pictures. By all means keep'm coming if you have more.

Your fellow (future) Automotive Designer, Sean