HybridZ

LS1 Z UPDATE #1

Been driving the car alot the last few weeks. I love it!! The 3.54 r200 rear end(nismo posi). Seems to be geared just right, maybe a little on the low side. Taking off from a red light,the car is already in third gear by the time I'm through the intersection(driving normal) Foot in it.... The car shifts close to(what i feel-still gotta get my tac to John's) to red line and barks the drag radials!!

Tried to power brake to roast the tires! but.... The BFG G-FORCE radials stick like glue and drag the front end :lol:

The exhaust is very quiet. Open her up and you can hear her. On the freeway in overdrive very nice!!

On the shifter and console. The stock Datsun shifter boot is alittle small. So is the leather boot. Went with a Hurst boot. Maybe in the future I'll have a leather one made that is a little bigger.

John's Kit.... I thought I would have some problems. Meaning the LS1 is not made to go into a Datsun. No vibrations, Shaking, overheating. The car rides and handles like it was made to be!!!

No 1/4 mile times yet... Mas280 almost had me talked into going to Sac today. But... Too much to do around the house.

Whats left??!?!?

Install speedo box

send tac to John's

Computer editing.. Gonna take MAS280'S advice and do the quarter the way the car is nowand then edit. My ECU and LS1 edit came from E-bay. I don't know what has been to it. The car does throw alot of codes, EGR, EVAP AND AIS. all soon to be deleted.

JOEY

HEY JAKE!!

Do a search either under my a.k.a. LS1 Z or under John's cars. or Under the topic "ls1 motor mount options" I have pictures of his mounts posted. I have no complaints. and my past post's are pretty well documented as well as QWIK240Z. or p.m. me and I can answer questions

JOEY

P.S. Somebody else asked turn around time on the project.... I mainly worked on the car on my day off (sunday) I would guess 40 to 60 hours.

Hey Mas.... Had a mishap saturday afternoon. Just as I got past the point of no return heading towards Bencia. My L/R valve stem broke and I wrecked the tire. Waiting on Tirerack for a tire. Also my business partner (Kathy) is off camping sooooo I'll have to wait till next Wednesday. What are you bringing out there?

Hey Tim!! On that F-body boot... What year and what are you using for a lower boot??

JOEY