HybridZ

Gettin out the hammer(700r4 tunnel clearance) (MikeJTR?)

OK, I took some measurements from the motor mount to the trans mount and ended up about where the arrows point to. My question, is any other areas needed to hammer for the 700r4 install. The circled area shows the only other area I found through searching that people are hammering to make room for trans cooling line access. My goal is to stick the motor on the first shot and stay away from a "trial" fit. Any suggestions/input??

normal_tunneledited.JPG

I remember doing a lot of hammering to clearance the tunnel for the 700R4. Not just for the tranny, but also for the exhaust that runs down each side. And I had to make a little extra room for the dip-stick tube up near the top. I agree with Mark, plan on several trial fits to get things right.

Paul

Ok, another question. Is the hammering required for the tranny, or basically to fit the crossmember in there?

In my 240Z I had to hammer for the trans crossmember and for the big round govenor thing on the passenger side. I also had to hammer the top for some dipstick clearance issues.

I have had the motor in and out 3 times so far and I only plan on one more time but not until I get the harness back from speartech.