HybridZ

Somebody quick ..... got "the bible" handy ?... (

• 2 weeks later...

I bought mine from AutoZone, I asked it for a "1997 2500 2wd 5.7 litre w/EXT bolts". $144 Lifetime Warranty. There is another starter offered on those years too, but it has internal bolts and is too large like an older style Chevy starter. Just be sure its a mini-starter, it weighs a whole 8 lbs or so.

• 6 months later...

I would like to point out that the JTR manual is WRONG!! about one thing.

In the JTR manual it says that you CANNOT use the standard direct drive starter from a 350 and that you must use the #3 starter...

Well, I bought that starter...and it worked...for about 2 days. It went south on me. (damned cheap *** rebuilds). Since I didn't buy it locally I was kind of stuck...so, I decided I would try something.

I decided to see if the standard direct drive starter that came on the '77 El Camino's engine that I'm using.

It fits FINE!! No problems whatsoever.

It was kinda rough getting the wires hooked up after the starter was in, but, that was easily solved by hooking up the wires and THEN bolting the starter up.

This was in a '77 280Z...and as always, your mileage may vary...but...I wish I would have tried it BEFORE I spent $100 on a starter that I didn't need.