HybridZ

pics of skyline lights in and overal project pic

frank280zx

Well sorry for the dark pic, but last night i got it al smoothend out!

DCP02235.JPG

as you can see the lights and the gril are in, i think i will need to move the exhaust a little higher (note i will not be using the stock twin pipe but a single large Apexi N1 type

Here an overall pic, it still looks a lil rough ( still woking on the rear wheelwell) But just to give you guys an idea of what im heading for

IMG_1859.JPG

Note the wheels and skirts are just positioned so i can see what im doing

what do you think?

ooh my camera seems to be slight of deforming it a little, but it is all straight

the wheel wels are not jet smoothend but just welded and straightend with some glasfiber, they still need to be detailed...

Just to give an idea!

Frank

Looks like you have the skyline lights installed nicely. My only gripe is the naked areas to each side of the grill. To me whale tales are a little much unless you have a really really wide body but thats just my .02 which is coming from an old guy that likes the ricer f1 wings. If it were mine I would make a larger grill area or have a duel exhaust like terry's exiting on both sides of the grill. Maybe round out the grill also its to square with an otherwise rounded rear end. Keep posting pics. I love body mods!!!

thanks for all the input it is aprieciated!

I have the same issue with the 'naked' areas, but i plan on moving the exhaust upward on teh left, that way it will be non semetrical, i think that will solve some...

on teh other hand looking at it longer makes it more likable :)

alos i was thinking of ducts like tis[ _----_____----__] if you get what i mean

sorry did not know how to make it clearer than this

the flares are not uber wide just an 1,2 " orso wider than stock, but they run smoother

I really like those flares on the car. I also like your new vent idea. I wish I could draw because I have about 20 different ones in my head I do still think the grill should be less square or a little wider or something. I really do like those skyline tails though. Fit the scheme nicely. What wheels are you going to go with. Those flares should allow some nice lip.

Guest Dorifto_Tuning

Wow! Very nice! That has turned out real well so far. I had thought about doing the same on my '81 2+2 but with R33 tails - now I'm hoping I can disassemble the lights from the surround like you did to get the flush-mount look. I'm a sucker for flares, too - gotta love 'em! That combo will look good with your vent idea, and that Apex exhaust canister mounted high-up will look pretty sweet too. Keep it coming - I love to see body mods! :D