HybridZ

Which t3/t04b is the right one?

Guest importwerks.com

Guest importwerks.com

So if the .63 is the stock ar is that good or bad? Wouldnt it be good because the exhaust side is pretty much stock but the compressor is whats different?

Guest importwerks.com

Im not going for ridiculously high hp. I just want 250-300 RWHP. I guess the .63/.60 would be better then. Does that seem like a good price for a t3/t04b?

Thanks

Im not going for ridiculously high hp. I just want 250-300 RWHP. I guess the .63/.60 would be better then. Does that seem like a good price for a t3/t04b?

Thanks

If it is a V or H trim yes. If it's an S trim no. I would call and ask, and also ask what trims are available in the T4E's. Find out if it's a standard, stage 3 or 5 turbine wheel.

Guest importwerks.com

Whats wrong with the s trim? It looks like thats all they offer. I'm starting to reconsider the "b" and might get an "e"

EDIT: Also what do you think of this t3/t04e and its price? http://turbocalculator.com/view-product.php?product=002-010-002

It seems like the most popular choice and everyone keeps telling me to get the "e" i just might do it.

Whats wrong with the s trim? It looks like thats all they offer. I'm starting to reconsider the "b" and might get an "e"

EDIT: Also what do you think of this t3/t04e and its price? http://turbocalculator.com/view-product.php?product=002-010-002

It seems like the most popular choice and everyone keeps telling me to get the "e" i just might do it.

The S trim doesn't flow much more than the stock T3 60 trim. A T4B V or H trim will flow more than any E, not by much but they will. E's are a a little more effeicent but in a narrower area. If they offer a 57 or 60 in the E it's still way better than an S trim. If you can get an actual Garret T3/4 with a T4E 57 or 60 trim and a stage 3 or 5 on the turbine it sounds ok. If its a standard turbine I wouldn't do it. Also the turbine housing will have the Ford/Saab style outlet. Not a big deal though. There were some T3/4's on Ebay with 57 E trims. Weren't Garret but copies, kinda cheap.

Guest importwerks.com

bastaad: My t3 blew so i figured i might as well upgrade

Clifton: Lets say i get that t3/t04e that i linked to but the turbine housing is the ford/saab style how do i hook up my internal wastegate to it? The turbocalculator link that i posted said it had the 5 bolt t3 outlet flange. Seems like thats the turbocharger for me, all I have to do is call them and ask what stage wheel it is I guess. Thanks alot everyone, you guys have been a great help

Wow, I just clicked on one and it tells everything about them :shock:. I think a standard turbine wheel is a little small. Spools real fast but also chokes it at higher hp levels. I would do atleast a stage 3. To use the Ford style you need the wastgate assembly and then the flange to attach the exhaust to. People have them on ebay all the time. If you did use a stardard wheel you could just use your turbine housing though. You could even have it machined to fit a stage 3 or 5. Someone here said it was $100, might be easier. You can get 250 rwhp out of a stock turbo pushing it to the end of its life or at the same boost you could be making 300 with a turbo that is closer to the peak of its effeciency. The higher the eff. the cooler the air will be and the less rpm's it will take to flow the same amount of air.

Guest importwerks.com

Thanks clif, Do you have any links to a place where i can buy the t3/t04b you recommended(V or H). I dont really want to do any oil line mods and hope to go with a t04b for ease.

I'm using the t04b compressor with a H3 wheel along with a T3 stage 3 turbine. It works great! However, it takes longer to spool up than the stock T3. Full boost by 3500 for the T04b and full boost for the T3 by 2800 rpms. But I did notice more off-boost power with the t4/t3. And of course, more rpms with the t4/t3. Furthermore, the t4/t3 gets better mpg and is smoother on the highway. But I do miss the high torque feel of the t3 at lower rpms (2k to 3K). So, there is always a "give and take" when it come to performance.

Thanks clif, Do you have any links to a place where i can buy the t3/t04b you recommended(V or H). I dont really want to do any oil line mods and hope to go with a t04b for ease.

Out of the V or H, I would get the H. I would recommend a 60-1 stage 5 though. But as Pyro said it is a give and take. I make 15 psi at around 4k and 19 psi soon after but it also makes more than a smaller turbo could make. I can deal with some lag to have the power I have :twisted: . Don't know were to get one cheap, maybe Pyro will post up.

I think it depends on hp goals as well. Ive heard great things about a

60-1 stage 3 t3/4b and a better flowing downpipe. 16psi is over 300rwhp close to 400ft with tuning of course and hits just a little lighter initial onset of boost than the stocker, but it comes on full right at 3000. Im probably going that route, as a good buddy of mine is close to 11s on a stock turbo motor with that turbo, and I usually use what I see run fast in front of my eyes.

Guest importwerks.com

I want to get that t3/t04e at turbocalculator but I am afraid of having to use a spacer and then being forced to modify my oil lines(im deathly afraid of touching the oil lines :oops: ) Anyone have a link to a site selling an H or V t3/t04b or a 60-1. I cant seem to find any. My situation is this. t3/t04e is cool but afraid of modifying oil lines. t3/t04b H, V, or 60-1 is even better but I cant seem to find one! I really need help with this seach. Thanks all to replyed :wink:

I think it depends on hp goals as well. Ive heard great things about a

60-1 stage 3 t3/4b and a better flowing downpipe. 16psi is over 300rwhp close to 400ft with tuning of course and hits just a little lighter initial onset of boost than the stocker' date=' but it comes on full right at 3000. Im probably going that route, as a good buddy of mine is close to 11s on a stock turbo motor with that turbo, and I usually use what I see run fast in front of my eyes.[/quote']

requires no spacer of any kind, oil lines bolt right up.

240z turbo on this site is a vendor and can set you up good

atpturbo.com has them but you have to call them up, they dont list them on the website they really seem to be pushing the ball bearing line harder.

t04b doesnt require a spacer, spacers not so much of a hassle,but you might need new studs too.