HybridZ

Intercooler and piping placement on an 81Zxt

RacnJsn95

There was this awesome intercooler that was pretty cheap on ebay that I was going to buy, but then I went out to the car to measure things up, and there is no where to run the piping. I would have to remove the stock air box to have a place for the IC. That's no problem because I'm gonna stick a K&N filter setup (the 90 degree bend w/ a filter) on there sooner or later... Might as well be sooner, right? OK, now that is out of the way, where to put the holes for the IC piping? There seemed to be a good spot just above the air-filter hole, but this is an A/C car and the copper lines are in the way! Now I'm crap out of luck and ideas for installing an IC... How do you guys do it on a ZX car with A/C? I don't want to remove the A/C because it works great, nice and cold, and it's nice to have sometimes. Any ideas? Thanks!

No one would happen to have a pic of an HKS setup, whould they? I was thinking of putting a hole in the radiator support, but the A/C condencer lines run through the prime area (just above the AFM hole)... Looks like this is gonna be pretty hard to do with out removing the A/C stuff, unless I go to a MegaSquirt system to get rid of the AFM... It will happen in due time, but not right now. Anyone have any pics of a ZX or even a Z with A/C intact and an intercooler installed?