HybridZ

What oil pan to get??Any suggestions??

Guest Anonymous

mildon makes a full sump pan that is only 7 1/2" deep that holds 7 qts. champion also makes same pan with windage tray and scraper but cheaper, u need as shallow a pan as u can get for ground clearance.

I currently have the stock pan on and am contemplating goes to an aftermarket pan with a windage tray . I was looking at the summit brand one that 7 quarts and you can get a matching HV pump and extended pick up already tacked on? Anyone have any brands that work with the JTR swap??????

Hi , My hybrid z jalopy project came with a big pan on it. I was planning on removing it and putting a stock pan back on. It looks like it will have a real hard time with speed bumps and be nothing but problems. Should i rethink this?

Fred

Originally posted by Wagz:

I just ordered a claimer pan from Kevko that is only 7 1/4" deep for $77. Take a look here

If it has a kickout, header routing can be a pain in the butt. I ended up with their #2001 5 qt, scraper, trap door ect. I had the 8 qt, but chickened out when I trial fit it for exhaust. Just the same, Kevko makes a really nice piece for the $$

John

I used the 7 qt Hambuger pan, available through Summit racing for $199. ( 7in deep, windage tray, trap doors ect. ) It works great for a sbc 383. Fits nice, exhaust is a little tight with the kick outs, but a good muffler shop can make it work easy. Im running dual 2.5in with no problems.

Guest Phil1934

If you want the big pan check Speedway's Champ pan 7" deep, bustle on side,with skid plate for $150. Of course that plate costs you nearly $100 over the basic pan. My Cat had a 4x4 square cut out of the bottom of the sump and then welded to the plate which is broke before the sump and angled up. Something you could do. It even came with several rows of milled grooves in t e plate for looks, but is too close to the drain plug for a socket so will need a little carbide massaging.