HybridZ

7th Injector for Fuel

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Guest TOOMBSTONE

Has anyone ever wired up a "Cold Start" injector to the 3rd output of the tps and plumbed it into the nifty little port on the backside of the throttle body to help offset the fuel delivery problem associated with stock Z injectors?

I do it all the time on funds deficent turbo installs on the Honda's and Mitsu's

Rod.

Maybe a regular turbo injector or N/A injector can be wired up to open during WOT. I am not sure but it may overheat the solenoid by leaving it energized for that amount of time....anyone?

It really would be a simple cheap way to get mixtures back on track--if it can be done. Much less $ than an AIC. Especially since most of us have old N/A Z parts laying around anyhow.

Guest TOOMBSTONE

No Go on the standard Injectors, they are designed for pulse. The one I genrally use on the imports is from the older Audi stuff, I don't know what the flow is, we just use them and it works out fine. I began this thread mostly curious because I see alot of issues with fuel and I wondered why no body on the board had suggested the use of a solid flow injector.

Rod.

Although I did it a looooong time ago. It's a bad idea. They are more of a valve, no duty cycle. If say it comes on at 3500 rpm at 12 psi it may be enough but you will need twice the fuel at 7000 rpm so it will get leaner as the rpms go up. There is no way to maintain the same a/f ratio as RPMs increase using this setup. I ran 2 staged at different psi levels. It was rich at low rpm and ok at righ rpm but the stock T3 reaches full boost at such a low rpm it would bog. I hated it and scrapped it soon after hooking it up. I would look into a used HKS AIC. The knob type ones are dirt cheap on Ebay. They have RPM onset and gain and Boost onset and gain they also display duty cycle. Get a couple of 450cc blue top turbo Mitsu injectors.