HybridZ

280zx flares

CUBAN

hey i was looking at the victoriabritish steel street flares and was wondering if anyone had any pics of these installed on a 280zx. also i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me figure out how wide of a wheel i would be able to fit with those flares and the Tokico Illumina Adjustable Strut? i want to run a 10 wide wheel out back and an 8 up front, would that be possilbe with these flares and coilovers? would those be better or the ground control coilovers? i've read some posts saying that the ground controls are very good. sorry if this has been asked before but i did do a search but wasnt finding what i needed to know

thanks very much

alex

I didnt think Tokico makes adjustable struts for the Z's anymore? If they do were are you getting them? I think you will need the coilovers though if you want 10" rims out back. I think with those flares it will be possible but you will have to figure out what kind of offset you will need.

I have never seen pics of a ZX with those flares on it either so if you do find pics please post them.

Guy

the Tokico Illumina Adjustable Strut i found on the modern motorsport website http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=31&PHPSESSID=2099d5ea2876cd3603681c0f3814a39f

so to run a 10 inch wide wheel out back i would need the coilovers? ok, would the ground control coilcovers be good for this? or should i go with a smaller width in the back like an 9? or should i just go with 8 all around? thanks very much for your help

alex

The most accurate way to work out what will fit is to measure the maximum backspace available. Spring diameters are relevant, coilovers usually use smaller diameter springs than stock so that can be taken into account when measuring backspace.

Once you have the backspace measurements you can then work out what width wheels will fit, considering any flares or other mods in that area.

Its a bit of a PITA to do this but it will give a definitive answer to your question 8)

On a ZX, the spring pearches are higher than the wheel - i.e. weather or not you have coilovers doesn't matter for wheel fitment like on a s30.

How wide are the flares? A stock bodied 280ZX will fit a 8.5" front and a 9" rear wheel with the right backspacing.