HybridZ

LT1 4l60e 280zxt conversion started

azguy

Just wanted to drop a line and let you guys know that I have begun my LT1 4L60e conversion on my 1983 280zxt. Also to say thanks for everyone answering my questions through the past years to lead me up to this point of finally starting it! I have posted my progress on my web site. It is pretty lame right now but I will fix it up soon.

http://moviesguy.selfhost.com

Good luck!

If your like me you will be enjoying yourself most the time!

I just tried to start my LT1 and the dam thing wouldn't start! I worry so much about frying my computer....

I think I did everything right!

So drop me a line, I have put a lot of work into drawing a wiring diagram of my complete car and motor...

Good luck!

If your like me you will be enjoying yourself most the time!

I just tried to start my LT1 and the dam thing wouldn't start! I worry so much about frying my computer....

I think I did everything right!

So drop me a line' date=' I have put a lot of work into drawing a wiring diagram of my complete car and motor...[/quote']

If you have all the sensors plugged in, and the 5 +ve wires supplying the PCM, it should start.

Hey Guys,

I have everything hooked up, I did not do anything with the VATS yet, can't find a solid answer in the search that tells me were to install the resistor...

I have not hooked up the HO2S sensors, the plugs are just hanging..

Also there are a couple wires I have not hooked up to the Data link connector.. But other than that I would expect at least a small firing or something.. It spits and carries on when I hit it with starting fluid but not even acting like it was going to stay running..

What tool do I want that will tell me if a wire has 12 volts with out cutting it first? I have a fat pen that will light up and beep if I place it next to a 120

Volts anything like that for 12 volts?

God I hope I did not mess up my computer...

any advise on if I should buy turnercat or LT1 edit? I'm there so now is the time!

Electrical should not be a problem. I just ordered everything today which includes a painless wiring harness with vats bypass and 4l60e wiring. I plan to wire the painless harness into my donor car before pulling engine to make sure everything is hooked up right and it runs with it. Should be pretty easy after that... disconnect... pull engine... reconnect. The harness is a stand alone engine and tranny system with fuse box and relays included.

Painless brand - prices varied cheapest I could find was through jegs. $608.98 including shipping. It's the most expensive one on the page below - couldn't use cheaper one due to year - 94 and I am running the 4L60E tranny with it also. All I have to say is... it better be good.

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2133&prmenbr=361