HybridZ

Where to purchase a lsd online?

PUSHER

I'm really sorry I have to make this post, but I gotta go to class, and i'm trying to get an lsd unit by this weekend. I just tried differential.com and they are out of 10mm r200 lsd units. I was wondering if anyone knew of any other websites selling simular clutch type lsd's. Thank you very much.

I understood 50% of what you said. Could you explain it again. Also, what would I need to get the 12mm version to work with my differential? Could I just get the 12mm ring gear and bolt it onto the 12mm lsd and throw that in my r200 that initial used a gear with 10mm bolts?

What Doug said will work but I would expect that you'd be really lucky if those gears weren't noisy. The ring and pinion do wear into one another.

Here is another attempt at an explanation of ring gear bolt spacers:

The bolt size is the only real difference between the old R200 and the newer R200 (not dealing with the short nose, just the long nose here). So you can use the 12mm ring gear with 10mm bolts. The bolts should be snug in the ring gear, and obviously there is going to me a 1mm gap all the way around the bolt. So you get a 1mm wall thickness tube that is 12mm Outside Diameter and 10mm Inside Diameter. Cut the tube into 10 pieces that are as thick as the carrier, deburr them and drop them in. Now you can use your 10mm bolts, and they are snug in the carrier.

Here is another thread dealing with this issue:http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32641&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

A few bucks, nothing much. I was just being nice to the rest of you is all. Heck, I wanted to make a "Ron Tyler" style front differential mount, so I went to buy the metal and got way more than I can use, because that's the only piece the company had. SO, I made seven differential mounts out of the extra. They were all sold before I even finished cutting them out. I just like helping everyone out is all.

!M!