HybridZ

Strange Turn Signal Behavior

Phantom

This is a new one for me. 1993 Z32 convertible. Both turn signals function normally until the head lights are turned on. Then the right turn signal behavies normally and the left turn signal flashes at about double the normal speed - almost like what you would see with one of the bulbs burned out - except they're not and both front and reart signals are flashing - at twice normal speed. Turn the headlights off and it goes back to regular speed. Again - this only happens on the driver side - not on the passenger side.

Go figure.

Check to see if the intensity is as bright in all the bulbs. Sometimes a bulb will only half go. So when you have your lights turn on it wants to burn brighter and use all its filaments. So, during the day it doesn't blink fast since the turn lights aren't as bright. Something like that but I have seen it before.

Since I don't know if the problem resides in the front or the back - and since my wife does most of her driving in daylight where the signals work fine - I'll probably just wait a while and see if one finally burns out and then replace it.

Thanks for the input guys. Some thoughts there I hadn't had yet.