HybridZ

BUILDING NEW ENGINE PARTS ON THE WAY HELP!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it should be here next week. Mike have you tested the difference yet? Andre says its like night and day. You will definately need some QTPs I think...keep us posted. Im gonna do the swap in a day if UI can and get to the track before they close next month...

Terry

Terry,

No I have not but my friend did give his the old test and knocked 2-3 tenths in the 1/8th and that was with a fuel problem that caused a bad stumble out of the hole :shock: I am guessing another 1-2 tenths..thats a whole 1/2 second.

I cannot wait to try mine out. The car is running but the front spoiler and headlight bucket need repairing before I drive it. I hope to be driving saturday..I hope!!!!!!!!!

Mike

When building a 383' date=' watch 2 and 5 rods for cam clearance. Rotate the engine several times and watch the cam lobes as at some point they will be right in the path of the rotating crank/rod assembly. If you are using 350 rods or any 5.7 stock rod they will need to be clearance on the cam side (All 8 for balance reasons). ....

Build it right once rather than wrong twice!

David[/quote']

I didn't do enough shopping when putting my parts list together two years ago for my 406. If I'd known that I-beam rods with cap screw bolts were available, I'd have gone that way. This totally gets away from the cam clearance issue - since the bolt doesn't event thread into the rod that far if you DID have to clearance the rod where it runs close to the cam. H-Beams have capscrew rods too, but now SCAT and others sell capscrew I-beam rods that are very inexpensive and can handle 500hp.

Even my wife asked when I was going to get the 406 in the car. This Winter I said. Hey, it's too much fun to drive to take it off the road!