HybridZ

Windshield leaking again!

Phantom

I am really getting tired of this. Third window seal and it's already been resealed a second time. Water is coming in between the glass and the seal. At least this time it's only on the passenger side, not on both like last time. Back to the galss shop and another long dicscuuion :twisted:

I'll tell you how I got mine to stop leaking. I got a tube of clear silicone and actually used that long pointy tip that comes with it. I stuffed it under the lip of the seal and spooged a bunch of silicone INSIDE the seal around the corners. Worked great. Can't tell you how many I've seen siliconed outside the lip of the seal. The glass goes 1/2" or so inside the seal. There is plenty of room in there to get the silicone in without having to have it all over the windshield.

Thanks Jon. That actually has been done once so far. The windshield guys say it's not necessary but I personnally will insist that they use a sealant in the windshield groove of the gasket from now on. I don't leak between the gasket and the body - just between the gasket and the windshield. Next itme they pull it I think I'll insist on both areas just to be safe.

Get the Gen II clear GE silicone II. It's paintable, lasts forever and will withstand a temperature range outside the limits of earthly demands. I used it on some "vents" on my truck 8 years ago and it still looks exactly like the day I put it on, dirt won't even stick to it, it's in full sunlight all day. (Wish I could coat the entire truck with it somehow.)

Don't grab a tube of Bathtub calk, it'll become brittle in the sun and end up leaking again within a few years.