HybridZ

HOUSTON WE HAVE TRANSMISSION!

Mikelly

So yesterday the Fedex truck dropped off a HUGE box with a 90# rating on it... I carried it around back (REALLY need a hand truck! :shock: ) and into the garage. We unpacked it to make sure everything was in order, then repacked it... The new G-Force tranny can't weigh more than 75# WITH the shifter in place, and MAN it is NICE! Can't wait to see how it does... And I can't wait until the second one (Mine!) arrives!

The units we bought did NOT have straight cut gears due to the fact that these cars will see street use, and we wanted speedo gear access, so we asked that they be built with a ford tailshaft. I did spec the forged input, main, and output shafts, and their ussual case fortification... as well as a .93 5th gear, and complete custom gearset. I think the total PER UNIT was $1840 shipped. I think this tranny will be a MUCH better alternative to a T56, in part due to the weight savings... Plus it is fully customizable... The Gforce folks supply a lot of the SWC cars with their trannys, so I'm pretty sure this one will hold up to the riggors of a 383 stroker in a 76 Zcar! :D

Mike

The TRIAX Shifter ($190 item) comes with the package, and it uses a more conventional (and MUCH lighter) Flywheel/ Clutch setup.

I spent $513 on my Centerforce DF setup for my last T56. :shock: I suspect I'll have that much in an SFI approved bellhousing AND Heavy duty clutch/ presureplate kit!

The weight is another serious factor in all this... When I shipped out my T56, it weighed in at well over 150# in the little box I made for it, and the box weighed maybe 10#. Add the addition weight of that flywheel, Something like 38# (Which is rotating mass) and you can really see the overall impact. On top of that, the gearing in the T56 was NOT ideal for my setup... Jim Pearl aka BLKMGK just chatted with me about possibly going the same route, since he isn't all that happy with HIS setup w/ T56 either!

As for gearing, If this was a primarily street car, I would have opted for an Overdrive gear that was more overdriven, but since this car is gonna spend more time on the track than the street, I'm pretty sure it will match revs well for track use, based on how we set the gearing up.

Mike 8)

The Scarab Project car has a 3:70 R200 with a Quaife and my car has the Q45 with 3:54s. Should be fine. Certainly MUCH better than the Muncie Rock Crusher four speed that is in the Scarab right now... it is a 1:1 ratios in fourth! :D

Mark, The pics will have to wait. I repackaged it so we wouldn't get any dirt or filth in it.

Mike