HybridZ

New Tools for the crib...

Mikelly

Well, After months and months (Years actually) of storing bolts, nuts and washers in cans and boxes, and then watching Doug and Pete dig through them for pieces to put Jim's car together, I finally broke down and got organized with some container packages... Yup, last week I sorted through most fo the stuff in the garage and now have it pretty well organized... :lol:

I'm also buying a complete new Torch outfit tonight, and will get my tanks exchanged for full units, as well as buy some SS wire for the mig, and get a tank of 100% argon. :D

Finally, I'm going to buy (Probably tonight) the pedastols for my grinder and vice so I can get both off my roll around work table... I also need to do this for the drill press I have... :D

I need a bigger garage! :roll:

You don't need a bigger garage (well, actually we ALL need a bigger garage!) you need better tools.

They need to make one tool that does everything. They sorta did that with woodworking when they made the ShopSmith. They need to do the same thing with metalworking tools - a grinder/torch/MIG/drill press/lamb shearer/barbeque grill/sawzall sort of thing. And make it portable, and butane powered.

Get to work on that, will ya?

I have a small garage so I have quite a few "multi purpose" tools. All I can say is what a PITA. End up not using most of them because half the time it seems like too much trouble to reconfigure the tool.

Need a bigger shop with dedicated tools that are always set up and ready.

Oh, and empty plastic peanut butter jars make great storage bins for fasteners. Screws and nails in particular because you can just grab the enclosed jar and take it to the job site. I have several sets of shelves just to hold all the jars. Even built a rack into my workbench with enough room behind it to store the MIG cart.

Don’t forget the refrigerator, flashlight, lug wrench, stove, umbrella

Make a quick bite to eat while changing a flat tire on a rainy night.

I hear ya on the unorganized garage thing though. I finally got FED UP with my $hit pit and emptied almost everything out of it. The "junk" took up most of a 10X20 storage building.

I called in "Garage Concepts" my wife immediatly wanted the epoxy "paint chip" floor that he had samples of. We ordered cabinets and work benches with drawers and a wall locker. So, currently I'm in the process of painting the garage and getting everything ready for the floor guy to start next Friday. Organization rocks!!! Hope I get there soon.

I'll post up some pics soon.

David

I'm just glad we already own the #4 tanks for the torches... About fell out when I heard them qoute the pricess for purchasing your own new tanks now! :shock:

I had to clean the garage up yesterday afternoon and get things organized, as a buddy wanted to borrow the lift to install a Lingenfelter oil cooler kit on his Z06... talk about a pain in the ass! :lol: Install took just under 3 hours... :roll: He had never been to the shop and was Very impressed with the layout... This place is turning out really nice! Gonna be hard to sell it, especially with my $1070 mortgage on it... :lol:

Mike :D

Well' date=' After months and months (Years actually) of storing bolts, nuts and washers in cans and boxes, and then watching Doug and Pete dig through them for pieces to put Jim's car together, I finally broke down and got organized with some container packages... Yup, last week I sorted through most fo the stuff in the garage and now have it pretty well organized... :lol:

I need a bigger garage! :roll:[/quote']

:rockon:

It took me 2 days to go thru and sort all my hardware.

Even got metric & SAE seperated.

It does make it nice!

I have been away from the site for awhile, almost a year.

We have just moved and getting everything in order to start working on the Z again!.

When buy our home the better half said we will not buy unless the garage is big enough to handle all my toys and tools. So I now have a 26X40 garage and a 16x26 carport. If all goes well I see a car lift in the future. The garage holds 5 motorcycles, 2 ATVs and my Z-car, had the boat in the garage but it took to much room, so its out in the weather.

I have been waiting for a garage like this for a long time. I built my z in a 12x22 garage and that was tight with 2 bike in there also.

Built my first bike in my apartment :roll:

This site has changed alot and lot more users then when I first showed up.

Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Keep on Zing

Zya8ter

Adam of Washington