HybridZ

<280zx> Gauge Pod's for the A-Pillar?

ww

Hey guys,

I already have a boost gauge on my a-pillar, but it's just screwed into the a-pillar trim.

I'm looking for a little cleaner solution. I've got an A/F meter I want to install as well as a fuel pressure meter.

I've seen the a-pillar 'pods' for the 90+ zx, 240sx, Honda's, etc. and was curious if anyone has found one of these that could be relatively easily modified to the 280zx a-pillar?

As a last resort, Summit Racing has the 2-pod modules for the 300zx, 240sx, 350z and Maxima for $27.95. I hate to blow $150 on test 'samples' that could be better spent on more fun stuff... :)

Thanks,

WW

That's great. You don't happen to have any pictures do you?

What year Mustang did you use as your source?

Thanks

Wade

I used one for a Mustang and with a little heat gun action and some trimming it looks like it was made for the car. Not exactly bolt on but, with some work it can be done and look good.

I used a MR2 pod and there was very little trimming. Even the angle was dead on. Just align so that u can get a screw driver in the bottom hole (of the pillar trim) through empty pod to attach the trim back. Use some double sided tape (to prevent the plastic to plastic rub noise) and a couple pop rivets. ur done. Strong as plastic :)